Adicted

This new forum layout

I thought it will just take time to adjust to the new layout but I don't like it either!

The new web site on my phone is hard to manage also.  😭  I do like all the emojis but would like them larger.  🍩

• Like 1

I've been trying to get on board with it, but I'm also not a big fan of the changes. Like ThomC said, I especially hate the new mobile version! I find myself going to the website less when my desktop isn't handy.

I don't like it much either. Sometimes I have to push ob the topic header multiple times before it decides to load, or sometimes a different topic altogether.

That, and my post counts were diminished by almost a 1000??????No explanation on that one.

6 hours ago, Tropicalmulch said:

I agree. I dont like topics dissapearing after i open them once and i dont like having to scroll through the hole thread to get to what i havent read yet

There are numerous settings that you can control to change what is displayed when you hit Unread Content.

I think the way to keep topics from disappearing once you open them is to change one of the settings to show Everything rather than showing unread content.  Click on Unread content, then look for the dropdown menu that says Read Status and change it to Everything (see screen shot below).  You can also choose if the unread item links to top of the page or to the first unread comment (see screen shot below).  I just tested out the change in the setting and it showed the greyed out topics that I already viewed as well as the unread ones.  Perhaps that's what you are looking for?  

Also there is a setting for how many days you want it to report content from.....since last visit, past 365 days, or some other custom choice.  

2018-09-05_12_25_21.jpg

47 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

I don't like it much either. Sometimes I have to push ob the topic header multiple times before it decides to load, or sometimes a different topic altogether.

That, and my post counts were diminished by almost a 1000??????No explanation on that one.

Sorry, I forgot to reply to your question awhile back.  I asked tech support about the post count and they said the new count is 100% accurate for what is currently in the community.  They said the difference is likely due to errors that build up over time in the old version of the software.  So the new software displays post count correctly.  

fyi, there is also a couple buttons that control how much of each post is displayed when you hit unread content

the buttons say Condensed and Expanded and are located on the right hand side just above the new content listing.   you choose one or the other and it shows more or less content in your new content feed.  

I agree with most others. Not spending near as much time on here as i used to. Oh well. Hunting season is here

1 hour ago, CouesWhitetail said:

There are numerous settings that you can control to change what is displayed when you hit Unread Content.

I think the way to keep topics from disappearing once you open them is to change one of the settings to show Everything rather than showing unread content.  Click on Unread content, then look for the dropdown menu that says Read Status and change it to Everything (see screen shot below).  You can also choose if the unread item links to top of the page or to the first unread comment (see screen shot below).  I just tested out the change in the setting and it showed the greyed out topics that I already viewed as well as the unread ones.  Perhaps that's what you are looking for?  

Also there is a setting for how many days you want it to report content from.....since last visit, past 365 days, or some other custom choice.  

2018-09-05_12_25_21.jpg

Ok. I did that.  It solved the  topic from disappearing when I select unread content. Thanks! However the comment doesn't grey out. This is on the mobile platform. I'll keep playing around with it.

• Like 1

Fyi, I went ahead and made changes to the Unread Content stream so that is shows the greyed out topics that you have already read.  But it shows the unread content as bolded and if you click on the black dot next to the topic, it takes you to the first unread post in the thread.  See if that works for you all.  This way you shouldn't have to edit the settings yourself.  

I don't know if you prefer expanded or condensed setting, but I figured condensed is easier to scroll through things.  If you like the expanded setting, you can just click on expanded and it will change. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bonecollector said:

I dont like that the topic disappears after reading it also.

I changed the default setting for the Unread content button to include everything rather than only unread content since so many people seem to want the read content to stay in the list.  So test it out and see if it works for you.  It should show read content as greyed out and unread as bolded and if you want to go to the first unread post in a thread, just click the black dot next to the topic.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CouesWhitetail said:

Fyi, I went ahead and made changes to the Unread Content stream so that is shows the greyed out topics that you have already read.  But it shows the unread content as bolded and if you click on the black dot next to the topic, it takes you to the first unread post in the thread.  See if that works for you all.  This way you shouldn't have to edit the settings yourself.  

I don't know if you prefer expanded or condensed setting, but I figured condensed is easier to scroll through things.  If you like the expanded setting, you can just click on expanded and it will change. 

There you go! That did it! Thanks!!

• Love 1