Sign in to follow this  
Alfredp

Wyoming 40-1 elk

I realize this is really bad juju to make your first post one that is asking for help on a unit you drew, but that is where I'm at. I drew a wyoming 40-1 elk tag and scouted the unit this past weekend, I'm in washington state so drawing a tag in a unit I've never stepped foot in that is 3 states away has really been stressing me out. Seeing the unit in person helped me a ton, I've been doing as much scouting as I can online but its just been tough for me to get a good feeling for a lay of the land. I also had no idea how accessible my potential camping spots where, knowing the area is prone to early snow it was nice to see all of the bumpy un-maintained roads in person. I don't have too much worry on finding elk, I'm just hoping to find someone who has past experience or local knowledge of this unit so I can ask some elk behavior and weather questions.

You might find a CW member who has been to that unit, but you would be more likely to post this on a Wyoming hunting site.  Most Az people don't hunt Wyoming.

• Like 1