Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Archery 6b bull. Who has a tag next week

Off one of the  face book pages there are at least 3 bulls in 6b so far shot in the butt lol  idk whats going on but seems like ive never seen so many "i need help finding my wounded bull" or "found dead bull" posts 

19 minutes ago, Presmyk said:

Off one of the  face book pages there are at least 3 bulls in 6b so far shot in the butt lol  idk whats going on but seems like ive never seen so many "i need help finding my wounded bull" or "found dead bull" posts 

Sad!

Just now, Presmyk said:

what page?

Ots on all but broadhead nation broad head brotherhood and few on hunting az

I was in 6b . I was just off the road waiting to be picked up and seen 2 cows and 1 small rag running across a meadow headed towards me with had a Ford Raptor doing about 50 chasing them! I was in a herd for about an hr and finally had a 6x feeding towards me. I was waiting for a shooting window, I ranged the tree he should walk by. Nocked my arrow , release ready to go and I hear thunder behind me. I honestly thought I had elk running towards me. So I look back and had 4 guys in camo with packs and bows running full sprint towards me! Elk gone! Got back into the herd and sat and decided to see if the elk would get pushed towards me. Plans working. 2 cows and a descent 6x6 break away from the herd and head towards me . Range the tree , bull walks in front of it and I mew and he freezes. I let the arrow fly and whack, arrow passes through him . Shot looks good and bull runs into a meadow, limping with opposite leg and mouth wide open. I’m watching him waiting for him to tip over . He starts to walk slow and passes one of the many piles of timber(clean up) and just starts running . Goes up hill and out of sight . I walk over to get my arrow and see a guy walking towards “my bull”. So I beeline towards him to let him know I hit that bull. Come to find out he gut shot the bull after I hit him. He was hiding behind the pile of timber and when  “my bull” walked by he shot it in the guts causing him to run . After being bumped  I couldn’t find him. 4 of us looked for 4hrs . I Went back in the morning hoping the crows or yotes would lead me towards him. Nothing! Next evening I hike in to get away and I’m on 5 bulls no cows . I get into them and have been sitting on my legs for 45min(legs tingling asleep) watching bulls bugle from their beds and rake trees. Again I range a bull that was raking and again I’m waiting for a shooting lane. I hear IT!!!! THE HOOCHIE MAMA! The bulls all stand up and we are all looking in that direction. It’s Raptor man and his hunting party walking in . I get their attn and put my hand up to let them know .They look at me and put their hands up and keep walking till they spook the bulls . I’m pissed and head in the opposite direction and get on a small herd with cows and 2 rags(1 of the rags had a couple day old high mid backstrap hit. Bugling and chasing the cows)  . I get into them and after watching them for about an hr l hear IT over and over and over behind me with an occasional bugle. I look back and again I signal to them and this time he puts both hands up like I walked into him . He and the female with a cow tag walk in and scare everything off. (I hope you accidentally sit on your hoochie mama!!)... I hike back to camp and decide to call it a day! I wasn’t camped around anybody and had bulls screaming all night . I had trucks and SXS’s pass my camp hrs before light . I decide to drive away from bugling bulls and go up one of the bigger hills. Hoping no one else would be up there . I get to the top and have cows feeding towards me. I once again sit. I’m in tall grass and have to continue shifting cause my legs are falling asleep . I hear a a faint bugle  behind me a ways off. He bugles every 5-10 min, hes getting closer. First thing I think “it better not be Raptor man!” 40 min later I can hear the thunder from the herd moving and he screams just out of sight . I turn around and start ranging every bush and tree. Cows start running by me at 30-40yds and what sounded like a monster bull out steps a 5x bugling and moving fast chasing the cows . With a mouth call I mew and he keeps moving , mew, mew , he freezes. I decide I’m ok with this bull! I let the arrow fly, whack! The herd busts and he stops and starts walking . I pick up the binos and could see the blood pumping out . He layed down and put his head down . There’s nothing like hunting bulls in sept... 

I’ve had a lot of great tags! Been glad I tagged  out but this is the first time I was glad my Hunt was over! 

• Like 2