AZAV8ER

Camera & stand thieves facing charges

Good to see people getting caught and charged for taking hunters equipment. Does anybody happen to know Utah’s rule on property left in the woods? Would this same rule apply in Arizona and New Mexico being it becomes abandoned property? Doesn’t seem like they could charge you for anything in AZ/NM being the abandoned property, but if somebody has insight on this  please share

Yeah I wish we could get some of this enforcement action going on here in Arizona. G&F decided they are legal a few months back, so it should be illegal and punishable to steal them.

• Like 1

I have called the Gila National Forest and asked about this several times over the years and they have always said 24 and it is considered abandoned.  I do think that it is up to each forest.  

So even if you have your name and contact info on the items they would be considered abandoned?

So at point is this going to be considered litter on public land?  I see cameras and I see garbage that people have left behind as an eyesore for others.  Just like the cans of beer that "fell" out of their RZR on the way to check those cams...  Doesn't mean I would go as far as to take them, but I also really don't give a dang if someone else feels the need to do some housekeeping.  People are crapping out cameras like their own bile nowadays and leaving them out indefinitely.  Not a fan.

Maybe every game camera owner should have to put their address on their cam.  That way people can set cams out in front of their house and get pictures of them going about their business.  Err....  I mean - return them to their rightful owner.