Non-Typical Solutions

Where were you?

Getting ready for our 6A archery elk hunt. I remember the sky was spooky quiet without the usual planes flying around during the hunt. 

I remember, while on my juniors only cow hunt in 27 my dad asking my mom "so, have we bombed the sh!t out of them yet?". That kind of set the tone to me for how serious this was.

Flying a wildlife census down on the ranch.  The radio said, "Land Immediately", so we flew back to the strip and did so.  After we listened to the radio in the truck for a few minutes, my pilot got back in his plane.  I asked him where he was going, and he said. "home".  I said, "What about the 'all aircraft' warning.  He said, "They just said for all aircraft to land--they didn't say anything about taking off."  And he proceeded to take off and fly over to his ranch which was only about ten minutes away.

• Haha 1

I was doing some subcontract work for a company that brought me in, to build a bullet proof Judges bench, for the Cochise county juvenile detention center. I was in such disbelief, and anger, that I took the next day off, as I wasn't able to focus on my work.

As I sat in front of the television, watching the replay of this horrific event, I could only imagine the horror the people in those towers felt, as well as their families and loved ones, who saw that on the television.