no worries

2018 youth deer camp in 34A

Anyone have info on the 34A camp for the Oct youth hunt. I heard that it was moved to the Sonoita rodeo grounds, but haven’t seen any details.  

Neither of my kids drew that tag, but the 16 year old wants to volunteer at camp. 

Thanks Jim

• Like 1

I was able to speak with Kory ( mule deer foundation) who is organizing this years camp. 

He confirmed that the camp will be held in Sonoita this year. Lots of spots left if any youth hunters want to attend.  Register at the G&F website. 

Correct.  Its at the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds/Sonoita Rodeo area.  Both my kids have that tag and we'll be at the camp.  Since both kids have that tag, we're thinking we're going to split up to increase their odds and to give my daughter a chance to tag out early and head to her high school team mountain bike race at Fort Huachuca on Sunday.  My wife will go with one kid and I'll go with the other, so we'll need a couple of good mentors.

Good luck this weekend with your 2 hunters.  We are trying to make it down to help out and will look you up if we make it.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, no worries said:

Good luck this weekend with your 2 hunters.  We are trying to make it down to help out and will look you up if we make it.  

Turns out a good friend of mine is going to be there and he'll be taking me and both kids out.  Would still be nice to run into another CW family there, tough!

Crowbait,

It seems that there is always a need for help (mentors) at the youth camps.  You will need to go to G&F website to register as mentor for these camps. I think that the unit 33 youth camp organizers have a post on this forum asking for help as well.  Hope you can make it out to one of the camps.