Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

My 1st Goat

Well done!! Congrats on that antelope

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

so you were donated an antelope tag AND a strip tag?

Rifle Lope 19a & archery strip. Remember that means someone else could not go on their hunt and they donated tag not sure if either had point guard. Sometimes tags donated cuz someone is busy and other times cuz someone is dying. Many bison tags are donated also and even few sheep tags last few years. This year some auction tags were donated by the buyer also. All of these would have just been wasted a few years back.

Casey,

What’s  interesting is your only comments are to gain infomation to perform critical judgement towards an individual who sacrificed his life within the Navy to protect all Americans health and welfare. Now, he is paying the ultimate price with his heath conditions!  

And you so worried if he drew the tag and or was a recipient of a donation? Why???Truly,  very sad, how about giving the guy a complement?

Mike

19 minutes ago, longshooter said:

Congrats on the goat

Did you go on the archery strip hunt?

No i did not. I got maps and tons of info i even went and bought 5 dang bfg's i couldn't really afford right now. I found a guy on here to go with me then foot sprung a leak. :( the main incision where fusion was done started draining possibly from pt but now they have requested i go see surgeon tomorrow cuz still red , swollen, warm so little sketchy to go camp in dirt for a week. Once a firm no was obvious i offered up to another organization but with only 1.5 weeks left in hunt they turned it down, someone would have faced same lack of time to plan and execute a rime consuming money pit hunt.

This lope was a 10 minute hunt with the effort a few friends put in for me so bit more my speed at this point in time. No camping or hiking so worked out really well. I sure wish i had not been following the strip kills cuz that made it pretty rough! Although each picture i saw was killed with full guide service and spot and stalk. :( i did hear 1 guy on here was with friend who killed 195 i believe and jiat friends help, no guide.

The gross picture is where i was at on Mon the 3rd of Sep and on Wed the 5th i contacted guy from AES HFH because clearly i was not leaving on the 7th as planned for the last week of hunt... but it was too late in hunt. :(

0908181025.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longshooter said:

Congrats on the goat

Did you go on the archery strip hunt?

Btw my whole life i dreamed of 2 things in hunting. A archery bull on House Rock and a GIANT ARCHERY MULEY! Not going on that Strip hunt was one of the most difficult choices i have had to make! I wish i had just chose wiser when confronted with donation call but I WANTED IT!!  and choosing to cash in my chips and shoot a Raymond Cow bison was tough but it is what i could accomplish with where health is at currently. And.. After a 30-45 conversation with a friend telling me not to risk my health and to just tell wifey i'm choosing to stay home and not risk it i conceided and then had to tell friend from coues after just getting him to make plans that i had to cancel :( but dang i am BLESSED cuz ya know what i am alive! I am fortunate enough to have legs to have surgery on and arms to do therapy with etc etc... I will 1 day get a monster muley but each day it's looking more like probably with a rifle. :)

15 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

next time pass it along to me🤠

congrats on the antelope working out.

Right... And thank you! The antelope was very quick hunt/harvest but super cool experience. Man watching guys walk miles accross prairie land stalking to close gap for a shot made me super thankful for friend finding this lil dude and setting me up on him.. Seriously absolutely PURRRRFECT opportunity. As i said most would probably pass on him opening day with rifle but he was just what doc ordered for me! My kiddo thought it was super cool! Heck we even got him to hold a leg for my buddy while skinning. 👍  i can see how guys get hooked on these critters i was absolutely amazed how fast he pushed that doe back and forth across this pocket. I got newbie jitters big time! 😄

0914180639a.jpg

0914180654a.jpg