Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Operation Bear Bones

The report that I posted was just an update and mostly covered the results of the civil cases. When the courts are done with them, these guys have to appear before the AGFD commission. That is when they will most likely really get nailed with fines and revocations of hunting priveleges for several years. From what I hear, it is typical that the court fines are much less than what the commission will hand down.

Amanda

After the judicial process the commission will take up the civil side of this case, and being that the department has gotten more aggressive with their assessments the attorney generals office has become more aggressive in the collection of those assessments as well.

There are quite a few "strays" that run the rim road from Show Low to Forest lakes. Mostly Reservation ponies.

I know that sometimes if the prosecutors don't have much evidence against an individual they will offer small fines etc...in return for information. I bet that is what happened on some of the individuals.

cmc, when i lived in the hills and was a lot closer to what was going on, there were several, in fact a bunch, of real high profile thrill kill poaching cases. i mean drive down the road and shoot anything that moved and leave it lay, crap. horrible stuff. mostly high school kids, and they were handled so soflty that they turned into coffe shop jokes. it was real disheartening to see what happened. i ain't gonna write down any names, but anyone from the RV area knows zakly what i'm talking about. there were at least 2 other big time cases involving adults and some real serious stuff that were lost because of some seriously poor investigation. then were a couple other minor offenses that were prosecuted to the hilt. i guess i just have a bad additude about it, but this case really reminds me of old times. hopefully they'll their hides tanned in the civil assessment. i still don't see what the use of a $25 fine is. they spent more in gas giving that ticket. unless they can turn it into a big time civil assessment. Lark.

We are also leaving out the middle man in this problem, the county attorney. That's the guy who prosecutes the case and offers the plea agreements. He also gets elected along with the JP. I guarantee the Wardens weren't happy about any outcomes with a $25 fine.

Any of you who live in the JP/county attorneys areas should write them a letter and complain about these low fines.

cmc, when i lived in the hills and was a lot closer to what was going on, there were several, in fact a bunch, of real high profile thrill kill poaching cases. i mean drive down the road and shoot anything that moved and leave it lay, crap. horrible stuff. mostly high school kids, and they were handled so soflty that they turned into coffe shop jokes. it was real disheartening to see what happened. i ain't gonna write down any names, but anyone from the RV area knows zakly what i'm talking about. there were at least 2 other big time cases involving adults and some real serious stuff that were lost because of some seriously poor investigation. then were a couple other minor offenses that were prosecuted to the hilt. i guess i just have a bad additude about it, but this case really reminds me of old times. hopefully they'll their hides tanned in the civil assessment. i still don't see what the use of a $25 fine is. they spent more in gas giving that ticket. unless they can turn it into a big time civil assessment. Lark.

.270 I know what ur talking about.. I grew up in show low, know most of the guys around and witnessed some of RV ball players get kicked off for some of those episodes bout 15 years ago or such but it seems that was about it.

Hopefully it doesn't get worse. I do agree with the $25 fine that is pretty strange to go through with the whole process and than slap someone on the little finger.