RackTracker

6a Archery Bull

I was able to get my second archery bull this weekend and biggest to date. Opening morning my dad and uncle called in a 5x5 with split eye guards to 20 yards but I wasn’t ready to fill a tag this soon. Passed on a couple spikes at close range later that day. Saturday was very slow with only a couple bugles early in the morning. Sunday morning a bunch of bulls were bugling around us but not consistently. We saw a good 6x6 following a cow 200 yards away across a meadow. I tried cutting them off and got to 50 yards when a cow I never saw busted me. The bull started trotting off and my dad stopped him with a cow call. I guessed 60 yards and clipped a cedar right in front of him. Clean miss. We never got back into elk that morning and we headed back to camp. Around noon my dad and I decided to walk the ridge above camp hoping to find a bedded bull. My dad spotted a bull raking a tree about 100 yards below us. My dad stayed on top of the ridge cow calling and raking a tree while I snuck down there to 40 yards. I found a small opening to sneak an arrow through the thick timber and connected. He went about 40 yards and piled up in a dead tree. The swhacker went right through the middle of his heart. Always a fun time in the woods in September. Hopefully we will be back next year and will have more time to spend up there. Good luck to the rest of the lucky hunters with an elk tag in their pocket!

Sorry about the side ways pictures. I can never figure that out. 

2DA805AC-7373-43B6-BB8C-ACDFAFFC1D4A.jpeg

23786703-ADEA-427D-8626-BDB788868842.jpeg

37C12A38-FF1D-4F59-BB15-4E75953EC262.jpeg

FEE49BB1-F4E1-4E7A-9C42-EBDADE19521F.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Wow! 1

Nothing wrong with that bull!  Congrats good looking bull