Bro that's my friends elk I think lmao. 

You mean WAS ha ha

• Like 4

Just now, trphyhntr said:

right lol. confirmed same unit 

What!!!  Really ???  Thats cray

Just now, Zeke-BE said:

What!!!  Really ???  Thats cray

yeah, crazy. maybe he can send me or post a pic of the rack. i might be able to recognize it. i believe it was an ok 6x6 like 310" 

About 15 years ago was my first muzzy elk hunt.  I had a cow tag and not too far out of camp  on opening day my buddy and I found one just standing in a small meadow.  We got within 100 yards and I put a round right behind her shoulder.  She just stood there.  Then, she slowly swapped sides and I put a round in her other shoulder.  Again, she just acted like nothing was happening.  My buddy kept whispering "you are missing her".  I was using a Thompson Center  Hawken with a peep sight and neither one of us realized with the load I was shooting it was more of an "arrow impact" than a rifle bullet impact.  The elk finally layed down.  After almost an hour she was still bedded down with her head erect and chewing her cud. I wanted to get the job done so I got within 50 yards when she got up and I shot her again.  She finally dropped. The first two shots were in the lungs, the last one found her heart.  Yeah, they are tuff.

On 9/20/2018 at 2:51 PM, trphyhntr said:

right lol. confirmed same unit 

When did your buddy shoot? Curious how long he’s been walking around with a broadhead in his head if it ended up being the same bull. 

35 minutes ago, GJMauro12 said:

When did your buddy shoot? Curious how long he’s been walking around with a broadhead in his head if it ended up being the same bull. 

Opening weekend Sunday night 

On 9/24/2018 at 8:15 AM, trphyhntr said:

Opening weekend Sunday night 

Swhacker for a frontal shot?  It's possible he had a good angle and the bull just got his head in the way, but if he was shooting at a quartering toward him or frontal shot with an expandable broadhead I'd say that's a great mentality to have if one doesn't care about contributing to lost animals.  Expandables can work well on broadside shots, but that angle looks suspect.

1 hour ago, 1uofacat said:

Swhacker for a frontal shot?  It's possible he had a good angle and the bull just got his head in the way, but if he was shooting at a quartering toward him or frontal shot with an expandable broadhead I'd say that's a great mentality to have if one doesn't care about contributing to lost animals.  Expandables can work well on broadside shots, but that angle looks suspect.

We don't care about angles, we're freaks

I shot my bull this year at 35 yards, broadside, passthrough, just above/behind the knee, exited behind the shoulder. No blood after 150 yards. Found him dead 1/2 mile away, after 15 hours of searching.

Entrance shot

20180926_150844b.thumb.jpg.ccbc060bc51f4f789d27f70d2a743a74.jpg

Exit

20180926_132858b.thumb.jpg.dcd528ba3022e2cb9ed6978b6f135389.jpg

On 9/19/2018 at 3:51 PM, GreyGhost85 said:

Here is that bull i referred to. Hate when people post a story without a photo. Don't want to be that guy. You can see the arrow from the last shot still lodged in the spine. i think this in 2008 or 2009 and i was 23 or 24 at the time. 1st and only Archery tag. That tall piece of grass growing up in front of the near side 3rd point still bugs me. Not sure why nobody told me to take my hat off either.....

photo3.thumb.JPG.0192b9a99b1054f07f20421d4e7bc725.JPG

Photoshop can easily remove that sprig of grass.. 

23 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

We don't care about angles, we're freaks

Evidently!  haha

Below you can see the entrance wound on my bull (not a real good pic for that, but you can make out where it is).  The exit wound was a mirror of the right side (broadside 37 yds).  We had very little external blood so the blood trail on this bull was almost non-existent, however the arrow was a complete pass-through including the top half of the heart & shearing ribs on both sides and the chest cavity was full of blood.  The arrow just missed the humerus on both legs (just above it).  This bull went about 200 yards and was dead w/in a cpl minutes.  Second pic shows the "L-type" cut typical of many single bevel broadheads as they pass through tissue.

767780671_2018bull.thumb.jpg.e1d2ce29cd5ebfbcc0ad6b035b0adacb.jpgLcut.thumb.jpg.853753cb62f837760cd15644695a1a0e.jpg

• Like 1