goinhuntn

Any bulls down

Id post a pic if I could but unfortunately the grim reality of loosing a bull hit me for the first time. Shot a stud yesterday morning in 10. Tracked him for about 1/2 mile until blood stopped and he walked through an area filled with tracks. Spent 7 hours gridding, tracking, and glassing. Nothing. This was a first for me and i feel guilty about losing meat. Im pretty sure it was a lethal shot so I decided he was my bull and not to shoot another. I actually had 4 other opportunities at other bulls after the fact but passed. Overall it was a tough but awesome hunt with the rut starting slow but they were going nuts the last couple of days.  Passed on a lot of pretty good bulls but was holding out for a 350. Can't complain when i'm out in gods land fo 10+ days! Ill try to post a video of a bull that was teasing me while i was packing up camp Got within 15 yrds of him. 

Congrats to all those successful and good luck on the last day of archery and other hunts starting soon! 

8 hours ago, regisranger said:

Id post a pic if I could but unfortunately the grim reality of loosing a bull hit me for the first time. Shot a stud yesterday morning in 10. Tracked him for about 1/2 mile until blood stopped and he walked through an area filled with tracks. Spent 7 hours gridding, tracking, and glassing. Nothing. This was a first for me and i feel guilty about losing meat. Im pretty sure it was a lethal shot so I decided he was my bull and not to shoot another. I actually had 4 other opportunities at other bulls after the fact but passed. Overall it was a tough but awesome hunt with the rut starting slow but they were going nuts the last couple of days.  Passed on a lot of pretty good bulls but was holding out for a 350. Can't complain when i'm out in gods land fo 10+ days! Ill try to post a video of a bull that was teasing me while i was packing up camp Got within 15 yrds of him. 

Congrats to all those successful and good luck on the last day of archery and other hunts starting soon! 

Good to hear ethics played a roll in your decision to not continue hunting . Your tag your choice . Big hands up for you . 

Have seen a few animals running around with arrows sticking out of them . 

10 hours ago, AZbowhntr said:

Cool video. I was waiting for an arrow to fly.

Haha . I was sitting there with an arrow knocked for about 30 minutes but just couldn't bring myself to do it!