Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Band Tailed Pigeons

In SE Arizona and taken with a vintage Specialty grade LCSmith with 32” barrels.

I’m not being an butt just curious what makes these birds so special? I’m an upland hunter but have no desire to hunt these pigeons.  I’m open to trying it if someone can tell me why 

If you have no desire and need someone to convience you to hunt them. Its like any other type of hunting you wouldnt enjoy hunting them..

For me I persue them for the same reasons I hunt all other game, its the whole varied and fulfilling experience.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phil Carr said:

If you have no desire and need someone to convience you to hunt them. Its like any other type of hunting you wouldnt enjoy hunting them..

For me I persue them for the same reasons I hunt all other game, its the whole varied and fulfilling experience.

It’s a pigeon.... 

Give it up.. It's a crow, if we want to hunt them we hunt them. Please let it go

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Give it up.. It's a crow, if we want to hunt them we hunt them. Please let it go

I’m trying to be educated on these pigeons here. Not trying to ruffle your feathers. They taste good? They hard or easy to find? 

3 minutes ago, Tres said:

I’m trying to be educated on these pigeons here. Not trying to ruffle your feathers. They taste good? They hard or easy to find? 

They taste great, not many of them and they they fly like bullets. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tres said:

Feathers are fine, they are hard to find and yes they taste good.. You used to have to buy a separate stamp for them.. Have only seen 5 since the rifle hunt began.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 4:18 PM, Big Browns said:

I would love to get a band tailed pigeon.  If anyone knows a spot that has a good chance at getting one please let me know.  I know they are hard to find, but hoping someone has seen some recently.  I scouted a spot a friend had seen some in yesterday, but no luck.

😎

4B7C3753-0F13-43D6-A827-F5BF907C7964.jpeg

• Like 3