HEADACHE

Amazing hunt

Great season!

Got into a herd having a full blown party, opening morning (a week late in 7w this year for the early muzzy hunt in there)

Had some bruisers just out of bow range.

Got into big bulls every single day and no shortage of amazing elk hunting!

Met some cool hunters in the field, earned some blisters and bruises. Found a good shed, hiked through God's most beautiful country, I had a great time overall.

I called in many bulls, saw some of the most jacked up bulls I've ever seen, took a shot and missed at a 3x6 that was so strangely cool.. and an hour after that, I managed to slock this little guy on Monday evening.

Ranged him at 86 yards, as I began to punch the trigger I noticed a blade hanging out if the rubber band..... Talk about a dilemma..... I punched the trigger anyway. Bull ran 40 yards and spin-out dead! Had him half quartered up before my fellow archers showed up, 2 trips down the mtn, and we had him bagged and tagged and hanging in the cool air back at camp by 1am. 

My 4th archery bull and I really really enjoyed the hunt. Just got home to do laundry and work tomorrow, then back up the hill to call in another bull for my buddy. 

IMG_20180924_180415922~2.jpg

• Like 14

Well done congrats

Sounds like an awesome time.  I'll have to try an elk hunt someday. Congrats.