tomgobbler

Cabela’s changing CC to MasterCard from visa

I’ve always been a VISA CC holder had a Cabela’s Cc for a long time ..... they are changing all our cards from VISA to MasterCard ..... anyone foresee a problem? Pros / cons of having to use a MasterCard ? Not sure I like them MAKING me change ..... will this be a good thing ? I’ve never had a MasterCard .... maybe I just don’t like change ..... if it ain’t broke don’t fix it .... IDK what do you guys think of it ?? 

Bass pro took over and screwed things up.  Now some military discounts gone and now this.  Im sure we will get screwed some how

9 minutes ago, Adicted said:

Bass pro took over and screwed things up.  Now some military discounts gone and now this.  Im sure we will get screwed some how

This. Prices also went up and the Bargain Cave is pretty much non-existent. 

Most important..... don’t use your current Cabelas Visa for the upcoming draw!!!  

The Visa will be canceled in October.  The new MasterCard will be serviced by capital one. 

• Like 2

The Visa card now is serviced by World's Foremost Bank now.  Not happy with being forced to switch, if the call center is outsourced I will look for a new card.  Major reason I like my Cabela's Visa is when I call them a nice lady in Nebraska answered the phone and was fluent in English.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, azslim said:

The Visa card now is serviced by World's Foremost Bank now.  Not happy with being forced to switch, if the call center is outsourced I will look for a new card.  Major reason I like my Cabela's Visa is when I call them a nice lady in Nebraska answered the phone and was fluent in English.

It's been with Capital One for over a year now. There is still a call center in NE but most of the calls are taken at other places around the US, prominently Atlanta.

Change from Visa to MC will be pretty negligible in the grand scheme. Most places accept MasterCard.

You do know you can get much better rewards from other cards and use these points for Cabela's gift cards and be 3x ahead?

• Like 5

I have had the BP MC for a very long time, it is through BofA.  I will be cancelling it the card soon.  I never use the card, AMEX has far better programs and the best perks available if you travel.  

I was told by a BP rep that the change was a two fold solution.

1. continuation of combining the Cabelas and Basspro business units

2. Dumping B of A as the banking institution due to there anti- 2A practices.

On 9/29/2018 at 7:50 PM, My Rights As An American said:

What card gives the best benefits? May cancel the new card they are making me go to.

Discover has some good ones.

• Like 1

Few years back, the credit card company servicing Cabelas was Well Fargo Bank, hence the WFB World's Foremost Bank.  Last year or so, Capital one purchased the Card from Wells Fargo.  So now, Cabelas and Bass Pro tied at the hip as a company and thus their card is MC at Cap One.

Just like when Costco left Amex, to go to Citi. and Costco only takes Visa not MasterCard.

So Cableas and BassPro might do the same on only taking MC and no longer accepting Visa.