Hoss50

Hunting Pain Relief?

CBD's, weed are great, but guys, there also other nice stuff that should be taken in consideration and be open to our experiences, that are harmless without any kind of side effects. When I was in Bali of locals sold me weed for low price and my friends the quality was highest as never before, and I visited Amsterdam for 2 weeks and tried LSD, psilocybin mushroom and many types of weed, buds, joints ready. Nothing will be compared from my point of view with bali kratom powder that same guy shared with me for free, and now I purchased it with shipping towards London.

• Confused 1

On 9/30/2018 at 5:25 PM, biglakejake said:

the most terrible agony i ever endured on hunting trips was calf and hamstring cramping.  scary painful, crippling.  a few months ago i discovered drinking baking soda water for the awful cramps coming from my bp meds.  instant relief after years of pickle juice, pills and gatorade.  they were worthless but the baking soda was a minor miracle.

lee

Lee, some details?  I'm sure it tastes like swamp water, but.... I hate the calf cramps.  Does your BP med have a diuretic?

• Like 1

still being the bomb after 2 more years.  2 big tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in warm water or anything you care to try.  nearly instant relief.  yes-lasix.

on a side note drinking lots of water during cramping just made it worse because of diluted electrolyte levels-i discovered that pulling on big tuna-so now i live on propel electrolyte powder packets that go everywhere with me.   its all a litttle late now i'll never get back  up on montana peak or lake mtn again.

lee  

For cramping nothing beats pickle juice, straight white vinegar or yellow mustard.  The vinegar in all of these help to reduce the cramping almost instantly.  As far as the pain you can take OTC Motrin, Aleve, Tylenol or any other NSAID.  

I use these when I'm doing triathlons or running races and they work great!

https://thefeed.com/products/pickle-juice?variant=8771180101695&ship=GS&wickedsource=google&wickedid=330495422581&wtm_term=&wtm_campaign=1295735271&wtm_content=66652073032&wickedplacement=&wickedkeyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw4nN3KH-7AIVGD2tBh0hPQKiEAQYASABEgL7x_D_BwE

1 hour ago, IAMMAC said:

For cramping nothing beats pickle juice, straight white vinegar or yellow mustard.  The vinegar in all of these help to reduce the cramping almost instantly.  As far as the pain you can take OTC Motrin, Aleve, Tylenol or any other NSAID.  

https://thefeed.com/products/pickle-juice?variant=8771180101695&ship=GS&wickedsource=google&wickedid=330495422581&wtm_term=&wtm_campaign=1295735271&wtm_content=66652073032&wickedplacement=&wickedkeyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw4nN3KH-7AIVGD2tBh0hPQKiEAQYASABEgL7x_D_BwE

I just quit the booze for a few days, drink a few gallons of water a day then get back on the booze. All the voices in my head are happy then!

• Like 2

-i discovered that pulling on big tuna      I haven't heard of that one before, but I have heard it called "flogging the dolphin"

• Wow! 1

14 hours ago, IAMMAC said:

This is news to me.  Fascinating.

I normally take potassium and magnesium, especially on hunts where heavy hiking is involved.

I will have to heed your advice as I like the immediate relief aspect of your tip.

Thanks!

When the cramps are fast and furious, I take a micro-dose of Benedryl sublingually. 

• Like 1

All you ladies talking about cramps and pms, I sure hope you bring your pads and tampon nose plugs.  Why not condition yourself first with workouts and hiking.   I do this plenty before a hunt and never an issue.  I turn the channel on to a hunting show that is doing mountain hunting and after they hike all over the place ie., sheep or goat hunting is best, and then I feel better when Im hunting the flats in my Birkenstock and patchouli.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Does everyone realize this thread is 2 years old???

Yep, and you posted

On 11/12/2020 at 1:05 PM, NOTAGS said:

Lee, some details?  I'm sure it tastes like swamp water, but.... I hate the calf cramps.  Does your BP med have a diuretic?

I hear pickle juice works.

It helps,  but the water and baking powder would be a lot easier to come by.  My wife is getting tired of empty pickle jars in the fridge....