Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

Slik tripod

Here is what i received from SLIK....the extension is 10 7/8”. Only bummer i see is the center post sticking down below the feet when all folded up. My pix always come out sideways from my phone...👎🏼🤨

24DA3E9D-FD0C-4C76-9E70-7CCEBF2832EA.jpeg

1CBD8436-8223-4417-90EC-AAEC79F911F1.jpeg

75D3E577-A084-4C1B-A8D3-E7FA0308D5CE.jpeg

FCB14ECD-1A11-4745-8641-302F5E5887F3.jpeg

I’ve ran a vortex tripod for years. Have had a few leg sections slip and they replaced them for free! I’m 6’1” and it’s tall and sturdy. I’ve wanted to buy a new one for the last 5 years but with what I hear, i’m better off using my old vortex.

Try the ....Vanguard Alta 264AO...look it up on you tube ...I got mine from Sportsman warehouse

• Like 1

The extension sticking below the legs is definitely an inconvenience, but after a long weekend of glassing for my kids' deer hunts and being able to stand upright and glass when necessary was worth it.  I"m willing to bet that, once you get rolling with it, you'll never notice.  I ended up walking with my binos attached and just extending the neck up enough for me to hold the neck.  It was perfectly balanced that way while walking from spot to spot.

• Like 1

Just ordered an extension for my tripod. Those guys at SLIK are quick, great customer service. Looking forward to not having to stand so awkwardly anymore. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eastvalleyjerry said:

Just ordered an extension for my tripod. Those guys at SLIK are quick, great customer service. Looking forward to not having to stand so awkwardly anymore. 

I recieved mine in 72 hours, it comes from California. Looking forward to using it on a friends wife’s hunt in a couple of weeks. 

Almost forgot: when I strapped the tripod to my pack for the initial hike in, I never noticed any weirdness with the extension being longer than the legs.

• Like 1