19 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

the san rafael valley in game management units 35a and 35b are the heart and soul of COUES white-tailed deer habitat in the grand canyon state.  all surrounding units are top producers of trophy bucks but range extends as far north as apache maid mtn, chevelon crossing, knoll lake and blue, Arizona.  kitt peak area in 36c has the most trophies bar none.

lee

Wow thank you! If you ever have questions on Nevada Utah California and Idaho hit me up

22, 23, and 27 typically have the biggest bucks and you dont have to worry about your camp being raided by drug runners or illegals👍 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, rossislider said:

Dave is as good of a resource as you will find and is a big wig with the AZ Deer Association. I would jump on his offer. You are also welcome to send me a PM.

There are a lot of really good Coues units in the state. But a lot goes into a what is a good Coues unit for you. What some might find great, others might struggle in. Likewise a lot depends on your own ability to travel to certain areas, hike, shoot long distance, etc. Are you willing to hunt the Mexico border? Do you know what the significance of hunting the border is? These are all import questions. Like I said shoot me a message if you like and I will do my best to help you out. 

Don't go near the border units, so very & hairy scary. Smugglers everywhere, better be safe and go north.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChaseLeavitt said:

I’m not sure if your messing with me or not haha

Check the AZGFD description of unit and you will know

• Like 1

Your options for "best unit" will depend on how many bonus points you have as a non-resident, what season you are open to, and how soon in the future you want to hunt.

Lots of units can produce big Coues bucks in AZ.  Dave is the man to talk to.  

Personally, I have only hunted Coues deer a very few times (once as a draw rifle tag, and a few times archery OTC).  I am more of a Muley guy myself.  The only Coues buck I have ever shot was in 24B.  It was about 16 years ago.  I have been told it is a pretty good buck.  But back then, I had no $$$ to mount it.  I still regret not saving up and getting it done.  It is one my future to-do list to buy a cape and get it mounted.

Man bunch of trolls afraid to give the guy an idea lol

21,22,23,24,27,6a,34’s,35’s,36’s

hard to go wrong in any of those 

• Like 3

On 10/3/2018 at 3:19 AM, AverageJoe said:

22, 23, and 27 typically have the biggest bucks and you dont have to worry about your camp being raided by drug runners or illegals👍 

22 sucks!  Go south.

On 10/7/2018 at 11:47 AM, lancetkenyon said:

"It is one my future to-do list to buy a cape and get it mounted."

My daughter just got a beautiful cape that she wants to sell.  She was told it was worth $250 - $300.   No scars no rubs.  We didn't even find any ticks.

Kat and cape.jpg

Kats deer head.jpg

Kat's cape.jpg