Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Coues deer

Can't you guys leave the location coordinates on those pics ? 

• Haha 1

Sure is nice to see the deer were not affected nearly as bad as the elk, for a while I was a bit worried. Great looking bucks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Sure is nice to see the deer were not affected nearly as bad as the elk, for a while I was a bit worried. Great looking bucks

Could be wrong but I feel like coues deer shed so late that they’re almost guaranteed to have growth around monsoon season 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mathews said:

Could be wrong but I feel like coues deer shed so late that they’re almost guaranteed to have growth around monsoon season 

If there is a monsoon season. Lots of places near me that didnt get any rain until they were more than half grown. 

3 hours ago, creed_az_88 said:

If there is a monsoon season. Lots of places near me that didnt get any rain until they were more than half grown. 

Ok but a large majority of the state is going to get a rain sometime around the end of June/beginning of July and that’s right when coues deer need it most. 

Deer are all but finished  by middle to the end of August even if they stay in velvet the rest of Sept. I rarely see much growth in Sept. If we get late rains the grass doesn't start to grow until 2-4 weeks after the good rains, which puts the deer almost finished before good grass shows up. My .02

• Like 1

I have  never seen the lack of water affect deer much but I've also never seen Elk effected by drought as bad as this year. It really surprised me..

I'm sure I got affect and effect wrong

Oh man thats a nice one