AZ8

Detour if you're heading to the Kaibab

What a cluster! That's a hack of a detour!

Screenshot_20181004-143808_Twitter.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hope it's fixed soon, heading that way next week. That's quite the detour, will eat into my fishing time. 😱

Yeah, looks to be a prolonged closure. This picture shows what they’re up against.  Guess someone died when the fell in the sinkhole. Sad deal. Can you imagine? Driving along in the dark, then...bam! Scary. 

9C85A1E1-6B7F-4577-90AB-F3D40766657F.png

If coming from the valley, I wouldn’t even head north on I-17. I’d head north on SR87 to Winslow, then proceed with the detour. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Forlorn Hope said:

If coming from the valley, I wouldn’t even head north on I-17. I’d head north on SR87 to Winslow, then proceed with the detour. 

I would too were it not for the big azz trailer

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forlorn Hope said:

Good tip!!

Gonna be a LONG drive up for the Jr. hunters next weekend!!!   I'm still going though!! ;) 

S.

• Like 1

Just now, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Remember last time it was like 3 years? It was a long fix I know that

Yeah I remember that. I think they actually built a temporary frontage road because of that.  

Dang. That puts a hitch in the get along of the scout trip I had planned. 

I was planning to head up tonight but called it off. Can’t justify driving 9 hours for a bird. Good luck to those that travel. 

• Like 1

My son and our usual group of North Rim turkey hunters went up that way Thursday...They took the Leupp Townsend-Winona road just off the 89A right as you leave Flagstaff... they didn't run it all the way to SR87 but they turned North on the Leupp- Oraibi Rd to the SR264 junction... then they went to Tuba City which left them 100 miles to get to Jacob's Lake... Road was two lane paved with no washouts anywhere from Flagstaff all the way to Tuba City... unfortunately barely did about 55 mph the whole way due to bumper to bumper traffic in both directions... We're hoping that this mess will cut down on the north rim hunting competition... LOL