joe hunter

8+ or 9s phone ?

I have a Samsung S 6 about  5 or 6 years old and it is sinking fast so I need a new phone . I’m thinking of either the Samsung S 9 or an iPhone 8+ anybody got any info on either ? Good and bad.....   Not interested in the iPhone x or any of the newly released iPhones  the 8+ or the 9s I’m sure will do everything I need them to , just need to choose one.

My samsung 9+ has be a pretty good phone so far.  Other than a cracked screen which was my own fault, it's done everything I've asked with no issues.  I like the 9+ because it affords me just a little extra screen for my topo maps and the when available the google sat maps come out crisp.  Just a little info the samsung the 9+ versus the regular 9 is not only the screen size but the 9+ sports an extra 2gigs of RAM which has helped it run a little bit quicker.  

My wife has the Iphone x and loves her phone, other than that I don't use it enough to really have an opinion on it.  So good luck with your new phone.

iPhones are expensive however they really never slow down. Never have to check for malware. Mine is two years old and functioning the same as the day I bought it.

Agree on the overall iPhone functionality. Only issue I ever have is after a couple years my battery won’t hold a charge more than maybe 6 hours. 

I’ve had the 8 plus for a few months. It’s a company issued phone and at first I wasn’t a fan of the large size.  Hard to slip it into a pocket and I don’t wear the holster.  

It took about a month to adjust and I really like it now.  Reception is very good and the battery life seems better than the smaller phones.  The large screen rocks.  

One item to keep in mind, if you run trail cameras with microSD cards, you can put the SD card in a Samsung phone in order to check mass amounts of photos quickly as well as do mass deletes in seconds without reformatting and deleting everything on the card. Saving the photos from your trail cam onto a Samsung phone is easy and takes very little time. I had to do that this weekend and was satisfied with the results.

Capture.JPG.bcd9bdd1babd811feb32f6acc7743525.JPGCapture1.JPG.03cb55fc0bb7a8e43e988c0dd20fec7c.JPG

Well it came down to price and believe it or not the Samsung 9 was  $200 more than the iPhone 8  $100 more than the 8+ so I bought the iPhone 8. The iPhone XS was over$1200..... Thanks for the info.