Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Taking the kids squirrel hunting

Taking the kids on their first hunt tomorrow morning.  A 6 and a 8 year old.  They both have little savage chipmunk 22s..  We practice walking around in the house about gun safety  😀

I haven't hunted squirrels since I was a kid but the plan was to go up north of Stawberry, or go the eastern route towards Heber and go on the 300 rd.  Unless other people have better ideas?  CJ has suggested other routes below the rim but Im not familiar to much with the area he has suggested.  Are those areas worth going to ?  

Just now, wildwoody said:

I like control road.

That was suggest to me.  I was just looking at that on google earth and maybe go down Christopher fire rd as well.   

prob just for future reference but i have never seen as many aberts as around the northernslopes of whiting knoll in unit 1.   go git 'em boys-tree rat galore!

lee

ps all we ever found along the rim road was those nasty, loud little fox squirrels.  don't even know if they are edible

6 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

prob just for future reference but i have never seen as many aberts as around the northernslopes of whiting knoll in unit 1.   go git 'em boys-tree rat galore!

lee

ps all we ever found along the rim road was those nasty, loud little fox squirrels.  don't even know if they are edible

I agree.  I was up there on my buddies early archery bull hunt.  They were in every tree!!  But im not driving 4 hours to do that.  For me maybe :)    Thats what happen when you only get like 6 inches of snow for the winter.