Sign in to follow this  
kybuckboyjr

Late Nov. Elk 5B

My 74 year old father drew late nov rifle bull elk. Anyone interested with knowledge of the unit and experience that is bored sitting at home and would like to come out and tag along and assist us on this hunt would be greatly appreciated. We are concentrating more in 5bsouth as he has a place in Starlite Pines. I have an idea of where we want to hunt in the unit for starters and realize this is going to be a rough and tough time of the year to hunt. We are both a bit inexperienced in the elk hunting as we usually hunt the early and late season archery for deer. I should have been out a long time ago scouting since I do have summers off. But my wife's uncle's farm in Tennessee was calling out my name for a long visit to relax, cut hay, fish, and float trips in the canoe. Also as a hs baseball coach fall baseball has had me busy up till now. All weekends from here on out will be spent up north scouting. I was up this past weekend scouting. But ended up assisting a fellow hunter whom had gotten his truck stuck and popped his timing belt trying to get it out before we stumbled across him. That surprise snow made for very muddy and poor conditions with more rain threatening. Well Not sure how far the old man can hike. But give him time to catch his breath from time to time and he can go quiet a ways. He is in pretty decent shape for a 74 year old. Send me a pm if interested in helping out and I will share what I know or think I know so far.

Thanks in advance

Sorry if I came across as e-scouting as that was not my intention. My intention was to invite anyone with experience or knowledge that might want to tag along with us on the hunt to assist. I guess I should have proof read my post closer before submitting. Sorry if I offended anyone.

5B south is chuck full of elk.....except during hunting season.  We will be in 5A.

I have many locations where I have seen them and downed one of them. No guarantees but try this area. Park before light is out and start walking west the earliest you can.  This is heavy 4WD area. Likely snow and mud this year so be prepared. Bring a winch, strap, steel stake, and sledge hammer.

34°45'6.21"N

111°20'16.44"W

I am providing this data because I am hoping for good karma for my son's elk hunt in Fools Hollow area this year. He is 17 and never got one in his last two draws.