Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

10-22 Owners with scopes Step Inside

I am looking to get my son a scope for his birthday with a $300 budget that will be mostly used for Squirrels. The 3x9 that came with it is an el cheapo and doesn't cut it. I have a Leupold 2x7x33 Shotgun/Muzzeloader on my Nylon 66 and it works just fine for me.

I think 3x9 is overkill for squirrels since most shots are 40 yards max, more like 15 to 25 yards. What are you using? 

Thats quite the budget for a hunting/plinking 10/22 optic. Something like this would be more than enough IMO

www.cabelas.com/product/BUSHNELL-ENGAGE-CAPPED-TURRETS/2555283.uts 

17 minutes ago, brademan76 said:

Thats quite the budget for a hunting/plinking 10/22 optic. Something like this would be more than enough IMO

www.cabelas.com/product/BUSHNELL-ENGAGE-CAPPED-TURRETS/2555283.uts 

Too heavy, but thanks for the recomendation. His gun is pretty light and this would make it top heavy plus 9X is overkill. Should have scrolled down one option is 12oz. Since it is a 22 parallex needs to be 50 yards

I have a Simmons Truplex 3x9x32. Been working pretty good so far.

Over your price range, but both my 10/22s wear an SWFA SS 3-15×42. If you wait until Black Friday timeline, or find them used, you can get into them for -$500. Amazing scopes.  

20170606_201906_zpsstind59j.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow! 1

Why am I not surprised that Lance's 10/22s are set up to shoot 1000 yards? 😄

I have 3-9x40s on my kids' .22s and I have a Redfield 2-7x32 on my Rem 597.  No complaints for any of them and my kids love squirrel hunting with their rigs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IA Born said:

Why am I not surprised that Lance's 10/22s are set up to shoot 1000 yards? 😄

I have 3-9x40s on my kids' .22s and I have a Redfield 2-7x32 on my Rem 597.  No complaints for any of them and my kids love squirrel hunting with their rigs.

Only 300....maybe 400.....

• Haha 1

A nice member on here donated an old 3-9 scope that came free on a rifle he purchased a while back. Perfect for a little girl's first 22lr.  So as to not hijack this thread, I'll past that story in a topic momentarily...

Straight 4X no need for variable or more power for what your doing.

Dan

For years, I had cheap 4x Tasco and Bushnells on a 10/22.  Of course the wire reticles on two scopes broke. Parallax was a killer at short distances as they were set for 100 yards.

I also had the $100 Cabelas rimfire scope and its reticle broke within 100 shots 😞  https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunting/optics/riflescopes/pc/104791680/c/104752080/sc/104535180/cabelas-caliber-specific-rimfire-riflescopes/1826665.uts?slotId=4

I now have this Tract https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes/22fire-3-9x40-bdc