Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Vegas Superbowl Weekend

My brother turns 60 on Friday. He wants to stay at the Bellagio so he can see the fountains but after looking at prices he thinks he will stay at the MGM. I spoke to one of my sisters and assigned her the chore of getting prices for five  rooms for the first and second there and then maybe MGM on Sunday since we will blow out on Monday.

Little does he know but we will make his wish happen so any insight info on how to pull this together would be really appreciated.

Prices are going to be 500 and up near New Years. Check with some of your credit cards, some have concierge service.  Or you all can chip in and get him the room as a gift so he can see the fountains and you all stay at Aria.  The view from the street is free, if all else fails.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Prices are going to be 500 and up near New Years. Check with some of your credit cards, some have concierge service.  Or you all can chip in and get him the room as a gift so he can see the fountains and you all stay at Aria.  The view from the street is free, if all else fails.

Superbowl is in Feb.

What the heck do I know, New Years in Vegas is a ton of fun.  I have that on my mind.  Going in November to warm up for NY.

• Haha 1

If you have any poker players in the group, you can get a "Poker Player Rate" if you play X hrs/day. Usually 5 or 8 hrs per day, which is EASY to do. 

6 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

If you have any poker players in the group, you can get a "Poker Player Rate" if you play X hrs/day. Usually 5 or 8 hrs per day, which is EASY to do. 

We don't really gamble at all, shows, eating, drinking. This we at least get fat and drunk. Just a bunch of lookie Loos. I'd like to do a helio ride or a fishing charter.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, n2horns said:

What the heck do I know, New Years in Vegas is a ton of fun.  I have that on my mind.  Going in November to warm up for NY.

NY ain't what it used to be but it's working on what it once was and everyone should go there and spend a week. Lots to see, do and eat. But then I'm biased.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

NY ain't what it used to be but it's working on what it once was and everyone should go there and spend a week. Lots to see, do and eat. But then I'm biased.

I have been to Manhattan 5 Times this year for work. It’s pretty easy to stay entertained for 2-3 days. But then it starts to grind on me, the traffic, the noise, the giant buildings all around. I am glad I never had to stay a week.

The one thing I never get sick of is the pizza. Oh man that pizza...

• Like 2

check out VRBO for the Signature Suites at the MGM.  Really nice and you can get a 2 room suite with 2 bedrooms to cut down on price.  

21 hours ago, Flatlander said:

I have been to Manhattan 5 Times this year for work. It’s pretty easy to stay entertained for 2-3 days. But then it starts to grind on me, the traffic, the noise, the giant buildings all around. I am glad I never had to stay a week.

Ya know. There are really two places where forengors come into the US. NYC and Arizona. I have seen the face of NYC change over the decades. It's what makes our country great and NYC with it's 800 dialects, welcoming attitude is what's it's all about. Rat Race? No. Just a littler faster pace. Born there but it's too pricey for me to live there.

21 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Dude if you like the pizza in Manhattan you need to go to Queens or Brooklyn!  My grandparents lived in Flushing, Queens and I will remember the Gloria Pizza slices for the rest of my days!  Their shop was right by the entrance to the 7 train and we would always stop for a slice on the way into or back from the City.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 6:46 PM, Heat said:

Dude if you like the pizza in Manhattan you need to go to Queens or Brooklyn!  My grandparents lived in Flushing, Queens and I will remember the Gloria Pizza slices for the rest of my days!  Their shop was right by the entrance to the 7 train and we would always stop for a slice on the way into or back from the City.

The mom and pop shops are the best. My mothers parents lived on Francis Lewis Blvd and I was born in Hollis. Dads family lived in Mt Vernon. I grew up further out on the Island. Slices were 25 cents when I was in HS.