Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Opinions on Husqvarna Rancher 450

My son is looking at one in the 20" bar, upgrading from his Poulan. I thought maybe a Stihl? Just hobby use and where to have serviced and where to buy, from a dealer?

Have some stihls and some husqis. I would put husqi over stihl currently

• Like 1

Imo Stihl is the best! If I can't have a Stihl Husqvarna would be my next choice. I've had a couple of 455 ranchers and a 395 xp along with several Stihl's. The Stihl's are usually easier to start and seem to be a little more durable. The Rancher is a good all around saw, not too heavy and still has a little power. For hobby use it will serve well.

Huskys are great saws. I'm partial to having a dealer close by. I like doing my own general maintenance and repair but I like have someone close that knows inside and out of my saw. For that reason I'm running a Stihl as my main saw

• Like 1

Used my 455 Rancher w/20" bar to cut over a dozen cords of wood each of the 3 years I lived in Gunnison, CO. Never had any issues, just adjusted for elevation changes and normal maintenance. Never owned a Stihl so I cannot compare, so cannot compare the two, but I know a ton of folks who run them. Solid bet either way.