Sign in to follow this  
Heat

Chinook Salmon

I caught one 35-40lb chinook in Alaska in 2003.  That was fun.  Can't imagine your way.  Congrats!

Technically, I didn't catch it since it broke the line right at the boat...

• Like 1

Nice!

We are in the process of trying to find a fishing lodge in Canada where we can do some  fishing. Halibut and salmon are near the top of the list.

What type of tackle?

• Like 1

I was fishing with spinning gear.  9' MH Ugly Stick Elite rod, Size 50 Quantum Throttle spinning reel.  Maxima 15# test line.  Never broke my line but those things were straightening out hooks like they were bailing wire.  If any of you guys ever fish for these buy some stout gear!  I learned my lesson too late that the stock hooks on the lures we were using were not adequate for the job.  I landed one fish out of maybe 10-12 hook ups.

• Like 3

Wow nice job

• Like 1

I didn't catch any but I know they are in there.  Saw some fatties of some kind of trout.  The salmon were in the middle of the spawn.  It was killer watching the females fan out the nest and the males sticking right with her.  Between the muscle of those fish and the current of the river its a wonder I even got one.

• Like 1