Sign in to follow this  
Tac

Sig Sauer BDX

Have never used any of the range-finding automatic reticle adjusting rifle scopes.  Legal to hunt with but B&C considers unethical and bars your trophy from entry. Very much like the Burris unit.

Dan

2 of my hunting buddies in Wyoming just bought these units. With no adjustments to BC or muzzle velocity in the app they are holding sub-MOA to 700 yards.  I think this technology will be a game changer and other companies will soon follow suit. I will probably give the system a little more time and wait for a scope on the 3-15 magnification Range, which I am sure will be out in 2019. 

This BDX 4.5-15x50 system ranges out to 800 yds with 1 moa, not too bad for putting on a shorter range cartridge.  I can see using this for a short range AR set up.

Just received my Sierra3 6.5-20x52mm scope and KILO 2400 rangefinder. Looking forward to mounting the scope on my 30 Nosler. From the videos i've watched and contacts within the industry, it is most definitely a game changer. Thinking about putting it on my 7-Mag in the meantime and messing around with it!

As far as I know, it is legal in all states excluding Idaho at this time. New laws are passed in every state, so it could change as we go forward. 

Idaho is the only state right Now where it is illegal I heard through the grapevine that other states might be following soon

Look up Swarovski DS. Only available in Europe so far.

Burris eliminator tech was actually Swaro's and licensed to them for years but has since expired allowing them to offer directly. They had first shipment into US right around 1st of year, but delivery to dealers was delayed because of govt shutdown impacting (FAA?) approval of ranging laser placarding... allegedly

https://www.swarovskioptik.com/hunting/rifle-scope-ds-5-25x52-p-c20050901/dS-5-25x52-P-L-p5380527

While it Seems cool it's just another thing that gives too much of an edge to hunters IMO. 

On 3/20/2019 at 7:39 PM, CatfishKev said:

While it Seems cool it's just another thing that gives too much of an edge to hunters IMO. 

More so than a range finder and Ballistic App?