Sign in to follow this  
awatson

Tikka Comparison

I'm in the market for a decent shooting off-the-shelf rifle and looking at Tikka.  Anyone know what the difference is between the "Hunter" the "Varmint" the "Lite Compact" and the "CMR"? They make them all in the same calibers, but there seems to be a huge range of prices between $625 - $1,300 

Besides the obvious stock style/material and barrel length differences, are there accuracy differences? Different features? 

The Hunter is a wood stock. There are variations of the wood stock.  I believe the Forrest is wood with a roll over cheek piece, they also make a laminate stock. Good choice with the Tikka. I have had 3 and they all shot right out of the box.

• Like 1

Tikka website should be able to answer those questions I would imagine. Can't go wrong with a Tikka though, everyone I have ever shot has done so really well. By far the most accurate out of the box rifle available with butter smooth actions. 

• Like 3

I have a Bergara Premier HMR Pro in 6.5C out of the box it shot .35 at 100 yards. Great trigger and smooth flawless action. My next hunting rifle will be a premier series stalker. They do have the B-14 series that if it is as well made as the premier you might consider. The B-14 is their better priced line. I am totally sold on my Bergara.