Sign in to follow this  

Went to my guaranteed hot spot for a few hours. Dead!! The one covey I jumped I let off and let them live another day.  Didn't want to destroy the already bad population. This past dry winter and hot summer has adversely affected the gamble quail population. Going to be a tough year.  Will go out again in a few weeks to check on my backup spots.

• Sad 1

Not much by Oracle Junction.

2 coveys, each with 3 birds in 4 hours and 6+ miles walking

BA

• Sad 1
  • Wow! 1

wont be out anytime soon had a bit of bad luck and busted up my ankle but am curious to see how everyone does. last time i was in the desert by me a few weeks ago surprisingly i saw quite a few.  

Im sure there will be some pockets of good hunting, but it’s gonna be a rough year for gambels. It’s a long season, so hopefully we can all find a few good spots. 

https://www.azgfd.com/quail-outlook-a-tough-season-ahead/

• Like 1

Strange i would have guess this year to be one of the best in the last few years, based on what I’ve beem seeing 

Went out to a new spot today and glassed up a few nice bucks, my brother inlaw hit the wash below us while I was packing up and jumped about 40 he said and knocked down 3 of them. Also found a 100" + shed made the trip worth while :) 

• Like 2