Sign in to follow this  
azdbllung

**Need help finding Ammo asap** 7MM Hornady Precision Hunter

Well I have a hunt on Friday and I cannot find the ammo im sighted in with. I shot this last weekend and get her dialed and now im Went over to Sportsmans Warehouse and they dont have any. Called Healys, BPS, Cabelas......nothing. Its now not in stock at any of the Big Bix stores. All of 7mm is SOLD OUT. Does Anybody know of a store in the Valley that currently carries this in stock. I need 1-2 boxes. 

Hornady Precision Hunter 162 ELD-x 7mm Rem Mag

PS- Recommendations to shoot something else at this point are mute, thats what I shoot and Im sticking to it. I have about 10 rounds but I need at least another box in case something goes wacko with my gun if you know what I mean. 

If you don’t have ammo I would say you may need to adjust and resight in the rifle always buy two boxes IMO. If not be really careful with shot selection 10 rounds seems enough for me 😎

I"m sure you have looked, but in case you have not, Bear Mountain carries a decent supply of center-fire (as of the last time I was in there a year or so ago) as does Guns Etc to some degree.  Might be worth a phone call or two...    

10 minutes ago, redhammer911 said:

If you don’t have ammo I would say you may need to adjust and resight in the rifle always buy two boxes IMO. If not be really careful with shot selection 10 rounds seems enough for me 😎

Normally, I have never shot more than say 3-5 rounds max...rarely on long azz shots. But ill be in Kiabab and in the middle of nowhere if i run out

I just picked up Precision hunter 300wm at Cal Ranch in Flagstaff an hour ago. Maybe give them a call if its on your way

Stop stressing over it. Take what you have left and go hunt. Buy something close and if you run out resightin. A different lot won't hit the same spot anyway.

Good Luck on your hunt BTW.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, QCwtAddict said:

Everyone seems to be out of the 300 win mag 200 gr precision hunter ammo too. 

It’s hunting season. They’re out of every popular round for the most part. I haven’t seen precision hunter 143’s until I walked into cal ranch. They had lots of hard to find ammo. I think it’s because nobody thinks of cal ranch when they think of ammo.