AZ8

Super Bonus Point

I feel that after reading all I can on this I feel that the super bonus point is a good idea if opened up to allow the purchase for each species each year and not be limited to only one .  For the three species that I have max bonus points for I do not have to choose one and loss ground on the others.  If this point is only usable for only one year it will only benefit those with max points and reduce the effectiveness of it. 

To offset the concerns of points creeping up increase the bonus point pass to 40%  or evan 30%.  this would still allow the majority of the tags available in the general draw and reduce the points creep that we are already seeing.

• Like 1

I think there should be a super tag draw. Forfeit species points to put in for a 365 day hunt. I would give every point I have ever earned to hunt an elk in a unit where I am the only one. I’d pay 50 times the tag price as well. 

On 11/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, Flatlander said:

I think that most of Umpqua’s concerns would be resolved if they simply made the super point only valid for one year.

I still vote for a raffle.

Similar to the Big Game Super Raffle, for each species they raffle off 10 additional bonus points to be used in the next draw cycle. 

I'm warming up to your idea.

The 1 year point lifespan has merit as well.

• Like 1

the super bonus point essentially will not change the draw.  It would be like buying an extra an extra lottery ticket.  I am just glad they are not reallocating permits to outside parties.  I would add a couple of other ideas like a license plate that essentially put mini billboards across the state that declare support to hunting and an "easy button" that would calculate draw odds for a hunt/draw at touch of a button. 

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

How is any of this going somehow make people support hunting, That’s the idea right?

No.  The idea is to cultivate a better informed electorate and public at large.  And to inoculate the public in general against the disingenuous, frivolous, and deceptive campaigns by the animal rights extremists and eco-whackos, that result in misinformation being perpetuated as scientific fact, and making the job of professional wildlife people and scientists much harder.

forepaw

• Like 1

are they gonna put a billboard up like they had in heber that said environ”mental”ist causes the fire. Give me a break, one Sara McLachlin type commercial with a bear being chased by dogs funded by eco whackos has more weight with the public than anything azgfd will be able to do with our money. 

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

are they gonna put a billboard up like they had in heber that said environ”mental”ist causes the fire. Give me a break, one Sara McLachlin type commercial with a bear being chased by dogs funded by eco whackos has more weight with the public than anything azgfd will be able to do with our money. 

Well good question.  The real hurdle is, and has been, public perception, and allowing the masses to be manipulated by a very clever animal rights PR campaign, that so far, has had no means of providing for effective, informed opposition.  I don't know exactly how AZGFD will go about it, assuming they are successful in landing one of the funding sources.  It will be uphill work, that's for sure.  Much of the younger generation has no frame of reference for the natural world, wildlife, or even livestock and agricultural settings.  Some of the mature generations are just as woefully ignorant, as they  come from urban backgrounds, and have been subjected to years of propaganda by leftist professors, Hollywood, the media, and all the sierra club types, and have firm convictions (that are mostly wrong) about wildlife, hunting as a wildlife mgmt. tool, animal populations, natural boom and bust cycles, predator-prey relationships, etc. 

forepaw

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Shouldn’t we know exactly how they plan to spend it before we pay for it? Or or do we have to pass it first to know what’s in it 

Sad part is it’s not a right, it’s a privelage. Should we know? Yes!! Will we? Pry not. In their defense, they’re trying to help keep our way of life with hunting alive (or atleast available after the bans that get proposed.) All we can do is ask but take the answer with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2018 at 9:08 PM, AZkiller said:

My kids will never have enough points. This isn't about me

Again more hunters than sheep tags.  There will be people who never draw a sheep tag before they die, even for the units you didn’t mention.   No way to fix that.    I get the kid thing but any system we implement does not guarantee a tag 

I am wondering if the Arizona residents have heard if the super point idea is gaining traction.  If it looks like it will happen, I definitely need to burn some Arizona points this year.  I am waffling between 12B late for deer or 5B rifle for antelope.  I have the points for either tag.

1 hour ago, Umpqua said:

I am wondering if the Arizona residents have heard if the super point idea is gaining traction.  If it looks like it will happen, I definitely need to burn some Arizona points this year.  I am waffling between 12B late for deer or 5B rifle for antelope.  I have the points for either tag.

Deer fo sho.