phillyphan

Son's Hunting Success

So, I didn't post my sons success last year but figured now would be a good time.  He's the only one that seems to be putting meat in the freezer these days.  Last year with 2 points, he was lucky enough to draw an antelope tag in 30A.  My wife who had 16 points was ready to kick him out of the house at that point.  It took us til the last day of the hunt for him to be successful with that hunt at 200 yards away.  Then the following month he took his first cow on opening day with about 30 minutes of hunting light left in the day.  This years elk hunt I could see the change in him and how much he matured with this hunt over last year.  We only had 2 hours in our hunting schedule left, but he was successful again.  Him and I never hunted a day in our lives until I met my wife and father-in-law 8 years ago who hunted all the time.  They are very big into giving thanks and respecting the animals when they're harvested which is awesome and has taught me and my son a lot.  Last week when my son took his second elk of his hunting career we were walking up to her and I said make sure you give thanks.  He says, "I already did before I took the shot".  Made me proud.  Any way, just thought I'd share the pics.  

elk2017.jpg

elk2018.jpg

antelope.jpg

antelopemount.jpg

• Like 15
  • Love 1

Very Cool Congrats !!!

• Like 1

Love that he was already giving thanks before you told him too, that's awesome. Congrats to the young man.