Sign in to follow this  
azruger

Youth 243

Anyone got a youth 243 they are looking to sell. My 10 year daughter going pig hunting this year. She is a small girl so the shorter the better.

My son won a RMEF Youth 700 in 243 about 15 years ago when I took him to the youth camp at Morman lake. He is now 28 and 6'2 but still likes to tote it around. I'm sure he wouldn't mine if she borrowed it for her hunt if you don't come up with one. It's light and accurate.

• Like 1

I have a Savage Model 11 with a Simmons 3x9 scope.  Black synthetic stock.  Lightly used - well cared for.  Nieces, nephews, and daughter all used on youth deer hunts and tagged out.  Lucky rifle. Basically same as this  https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/155120.  

I like the little rifle - shot a couple deer with it myself.  PM if interested.

There was a Rem. 600 or 660 on here a few weeks ago. I have one of those for my boys, and it has done great. Check the classified section on here.

Friend of mine here in Flagstaff is selling one.  Its in the classifieds.

Anyone out there have a .410 I could borrow for my daughter for dove season in tucson area. I was given 4 boxes of shells for one.

I have a H&R single shot .410 you can borrow.

PM me.

• Like 1

If a .410 is hard to find how about a .20 gauge. Just something for her to shoot tomorrow and Monday to see if she likes it.

About 3 years ago, a buddy stopped by my office with a Remington 700 ADL Youth .243, along with a Leupold scope, and wanted me to set it up for him...

I happen to shoot a .243, and he knew I would have plenty of ammo...I don't know where you got the idea the .243 was for youth as I'm 52 (maybe that's a compliment)...Or for smaller hunters, I'm 6ft 5 inches and weigh about 250...

Anyway...I mounted the scope and sighted it in with no problems, even though it was a "youth" model...If your guests have a problem with the length of pull simply add one of those slip on recoil pads to lengthen....

btw...He bought this gun for his 14 year old daughter, he is an '06 man....
After he saw my groups and shot the gun, he used it to kill a nice 10 point...
It sure was funny to see him come by my office with this deer and tell me how effective the .243 was....Now, he used to be an '06 man...