Sandy

Coues deer cape for sale in AZ

8 minutes ago, brademan76 said:

Then you should be intelligent enough to understand that the monies you're referring to are used for wildlife management and conservation (and yes, also the associated overhead). But if you'd prefer the simple sale/purchase of a game animal, there are more of those places popping up all the time.

Good luck with your daughter's (or your?) sale.

It has been pretty common for people to buy and sell capes on this site. I am not sure what all the push back is about. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brademan76 said:

Wildlife, not livestock. Guess I should never assume someone is intelligent enough to pick up my meaning, shame on me.

I can't believe the immaturity level that this website is getting to. If you don't agree with the OP's post then don't reply, meaning just STFU! I will guarantee its computer cowards like you that hide behind your computer talking crap but in the real world you are just a little b*tch.  

Sandy, I hope you are able to sell her cape and not let this moron get under your skin!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HNTNGUY said:

I can't believe the immaturity level that this website is getting to. If you don't agree with the OP's post then don't reply, meaning just STFU! I will guarantee its computer cowards like you that hide behind your computer talking crap but in the real world you are just a little b*tch.  

Sandy, I hope you are able to sell her cape and not let this moron get under your skin!!

When I saw this thread, I said to myself "here it comes...". HNTNGUY you nailed it. Ed F

• Like 2

I just walked in the door from a week in Wyoming, killed a nice 4 x 4 muley with double  eye gaurds, but IL'L be damned if I post it here. someone will  have something negative about me if I post. Too many hunting lawyers and judges on here any more. A shame this site is getting that way. I'm sure most kids could give a dang if their cape got sold. most of them only go hunting cause Dads make them............BOB!

• Like 2

Sandy , Congrats to Both of You bye the way.................BOB!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naturebob said:

I just walked in the door from a week in Wyoming, killed a nice 4 x 4 muley with double  eye gaurds, but IL'L be damned if I post it here. someone will  have something negative about me if I post. Too many hunting lawyers and judges on here any more. A shame this site is getting that way. I'm sure most kids could give a dang if their cape got sold. most of them only go hunting cause Dads make them............BOB!

Stfu BOB you drunk pos lol! 😆 totally just kidding. 

• Like 1

Geeezzzz.

My daughter wants a European mount.  She doesn't want to pay for a shoulder mount even though it's her first.  She even talked about making a sugar skull type of thing since she likes painting.   When they walked up on the deer, one of the guys mentioned that it had a really nice cape. No marks, not even a tick!  Then he told her someone might want to buy it.   Her eyes lit up she thought that would be cool to not waste it, but to actually make a couple bucks off it.

The next day she had to go to school, so I found this forum and made a post for her.   Now I can't even show the post to a little girl due to some of the comments.   All I did was try to help her get the cape to someone who might use it, and brighten her day with some spending money for her teenage budget.  If you aren't interested, keep scrolling.  Trust me it's not about the money.  I don't need it.

Thankfully, Our real life experience with hunters is actually quite positive.   The men in the field tend to be more polite and chivalrous to women and children than a couple on this forum.  This forum might be short lived for us.

• Like 6

Someone will buy the cape. You’re not doing anything wrong. Their going price is probably $80-$100 though. If it was tanned you could get more. A good bull elk cape will go for $200+. 

• Like 3

Sandy congratulations to your daughter on her first buck. Re post it for sale and just let this one die. For all the other guys on here that consistently blow up others post's do some research before you start posting something is illegal and if you think you have the need to tell someone else how to parent their child send them a PM or just take care of your own. Sandy I hope you stick around there are some great guys on here that really enjoy seeing the youth hunters stories and pics. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, jim said:

Sandy congratulations to your daughter on her first buck. Re post it for sale and just let this one die. For all the other guys on here that consistently blow up others post's do some research before you start posting something is illegal and if you think you have the need to tell someone else how to parent their child send them a PM or just take care of your own. Sandy I hope you stick around there are some great guys on here that really enjoy seeing the youth hunters stories and pics. 

What he said not everyone on here is so quick to judge.  Congratulations to your daughter on the deer and great job getting her out in the wilderness!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sandy said:

Geeezzzz.

My daughter wants a European mount.  She doesn't want to pay for a shoulder mount even though it's her first.  She even talked about making a sugar skull type of thing since she likes painting.   When they walked up on the deer, one of the guys mentioned that it had a really nice cape. No marks, not even a tick!  Then he told her someone might want to buy it.   Her eyes lit up she thought that would be cool to not waste it, but to actually make a couple bucks off it.

The next day she had to go to school, so I found this forum and made a post for her.   Now I can't even show the post to a little girl due to some of the comments.   All I did was try to help her get the cape to someone who might use it, and brighten her day with some spending money for her teenage budget.  If you aren't interested, keep scrolling.  Trust me it's not about the money.  I don't need it.

Thankfully, Our real life experience with hunters is actually quite positive.   The men in the field tend to be more polite and chivalrous to women and children than a couple on this forum.  This forum might be short lived for us.

I believe Bill at R&R Taxidermy in Mesa will trade you a hide for a Euro mount. 

This website has really seemed to go downhill the last couple of years. There is a ton of finger pointing and name calling lately. Hunters need to stick together, not belittle each other.

Good luck with the sale!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Its the negative comments that drive people from wanting to post anything. Agreed it really needs to stop. I hope your daughter gets it sold. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AZHunter1 said:

Its the negative comments that drive people from wanting to post anything. Agreed it really needs to stop. I hope your daughter gets it sold. 

This post says it all!

Nice buck, I love to see kids getting bit by the hunting bug, well done!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sandy, congrats to both of you.  Also, its a great idea to offer up the cape for sale for someone who needs one.  There are plenty hunters every year who need capes for a variety of reasons (damaged, hair slippage, improper caping).   They want to mount it and need a cape.  Coues deer capes are actually hard to come by.  Just ignore the negative comments and someone will want it. They will be thankful that it didn't get thrown in the garbage like so many do.   Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1