SHOOTER

How is YOUR coldbore?

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

i thought it was the clothes dont make the man

In the case I first heard it  "the uniform don't make the man"  hence the "paraphrasing"  qualifier.

To answer the OP’s question at my age the bore is always cold and I can’t afford any warm up shots. More than once this has lead to fouling. I used to get upset but now I am just grateful to get to sleep earlier.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

To answer the OP’s question at my age the bore is always cold and I can’t afford any warm up shots. More than once this has lead to fouling. I used to get upset but now I am just grateful to get to sleep earlier.

Sounds like you need to explore a few different “rifles” maybe a different caliber? I know I know  I’ve had the same one for almost 15 years now and wouldn’t trade her for the world but to each their own.

Animals taste better if you kill while they are unaware of your presence. How close you get is your thing. 

Rifle accuracy cannot be bought.  It must be earned.  Buying the latest high $ hotshot named caliber, rifle, scope, hat etc. will not make you a good shot.  😮

21 minutes ago, ThomC said:

Rifle accuracy cannot be bought.  It must be earned.  Buying the latest high $ hotshot named caliber, rifle, scope, hat etc. will not make you a good shot.  😮

false. shooting aint that hard. a 7 year old can make a 1000 yard shot with the right equipment 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

false. shooting aint that hard. a 7 year old can make a 1000 yard shot with the right equipment 

Some people just have natural ability, with that said, 90% of people will be a better shooter with more time spent behind the trigger. That time should be spent on the bench with an accurate rifle. Ability can also come by kicking up rabbits and calling in yotes.

I think Southernexpress needs to chime in here, he took this elk on a cold bore shot at 1300 yards. Incase you all missed it

• Like 1