Sign in to follow this  
Dcc22hunter

Christensen arms 7 mag

I have a Christensen arms Mesa in 7 mag. Been shooting the HSM 168 vld and they shoot great however i would like to get into reloading my own. My buddy has a reloading setup and welcomed me to use it. Has anyone used this firearm and had succes with any loads? Thanks in advance!

68-69 of H-1000 with the 168 Bergers or 70-71gr of Retumbo with the 180s has always given me excellent results. Doesn't matter what rifle it is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dcc22hunter said:

Can you have his message me or do you happen to have his number? 

Just sent him a message to get with you

Bergers like to be seated very close to the lands in my experience. When I shot the 168 VLDs, my go to load was 69 gr H1000, .010" off the lands, norma brass, and wlrm primers. I have seen that load work in 3 other 7mm Rem Mags too (one savage, two howas). I have since put a custom barrel on my rifle, and shoot the 175 eldx. I also shoot the 162 eldx out of a 7 SAUM. They are the easiest bullet I've ever worked a load up for honestly. They shot great no matter where I loaded them off the lands, and with almost every powder weight I tried. H4831SC seems to be a great powder choice for the 160 grain bullets. It's not the fastest but its been VERY accurate. 

On 11/1/2018 at 11:53 AM, STOMP442 said:

68-69 of H-1000 with the 168 Bergers or 70-71gr of Retumbo with the 180s has always given me excellent results. Doesn't matter what rifle it is. 

Shooting berger 195s and 70g of retumbo kicked butt at 3010fps  but big pressure signs and it grouped amazing .35moa but toned it down to 68.4g with slight pressure signs and 2850fps and still does pretty good .5moa at 100