AZ513

Arizona Unit 10

My only concern is there supposed to be another storm Thursday / Friday with more rain and or snow and where that will push the elk.

D

22 minutes ago, AZ513 said:

My only concern is there supposed to be another storm Thursday / Friday with more rain and or snow and where that will push the elk.

Don't do anything dangerous or unsafe if it is supposed to get real bad, but you will never know where it will push the elk unless you go find out. You sure won't get an opportunity to shoot an elk on your couch. Even if you road hunt some and do some recon trying to find the movement patterns, you will know more after the experience then if you never have the experience.

• Like 4

My buddy's are up there right now. Seen 14 bulls so far. Missed opening day and this morning.  And not even hunting the ranch. Lots of broken up bulls. Get backup there .

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone telling me to get up there. I was planning on heading up Thursday after work and hunting Thursday evening and Friday morning / evening but just checked my tag and saw that it’s only good until Thursday not Friday as well. Wish they did it Friday - Friday and had the tag open for a week. I’m trying to get out of a work meeting on Thursday so I can head up tonight and hunt Thursday morning and evening 

1 hour ago, AZ513 said:

I appreciate everyone telling me to get up there. I was planning on heading up Thursday after work and hunting Thursday evening and Friday morning / evening but just checked my tag and saw that it’s only good until Thursday not Friday as well. Wish they did it Friday - Friday and had the tag open for a week. I’m trying to get out of a work meeting on Thursday so I can head up tonight and hunt Thursday morning and evening 

AZ hunts always start on a Friday and mostly run just 6 days and some units have back to back hunts.

30 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

AZ hunts always start on a Friday and mostly run just 6 days and some units have back to back hunts.

Never heard of a 6 day az hunt. 

I was one that told you to keep hunting I did not know it was a 7 day hunt. My buddy I was helping told me he had to next sunday. I will be calling him in a few minutes to tell him he better check his hunt dates again. lol 

42 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I aint no mathematician or nothin but I think Fri thru Thurs is 7 days

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately due to work I never made it back out there. Hopefully those who got drawn was able to get meat for the year. Hopefully I get drawn again next year so I can get some needed redemption. Thanks all for your input 👍🏻

• Like 1