Elkhunter1

Released!

I am finally released to get back on the mountains!  After being hit by a side by side and fracturing my right Tibia Plateau and injured my left shoulder back in April The Dr. and Therapist has finally given me the OK to start hiking again.  I have to take it slow for a while but I hope I can get enough of my strength back to chase deer during the Dec. Archery hunt!  This year has got to be the worst I have has to endure in my 48 years, the wife started her fourth battle with Cancer just two days before the accident and 5 weeks after we found out my sister in law would start her battle with Colon Cancer!  With no body working we faced battles from all sides; Cancer, my medical treatments, truck payments, utilities, lawyer, we even almost lost the house! 

Sitting in one room for months on end, I now understand why people loose their minds.  I lost interest in most things I enjoyed as they were in sight but out of reach! My sons dog even tried to get me out of the depression I was in. After a few visits with the Physical Therapists I began to regain my sanity and desire to return to hunting and my loved mountains!

The one thing I could always count on to help with the stress of everyday life I could not do ( hike the mountains) and now the stress was tenfold!  To add insult to injury I find out two weeks ago I lost my job back in May and the new boss never even attempted to contact me!  

I NEED the mountains now more than ever, I can finally get to my ZEN spot and figure things out!

30725665_2005925902978717_435561554134433792_n.jpg

36381360_2046465418924765_6423564117373616128_n.jpg

11079595_455126381320064_5760269375727976234_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

Wow, I knew it was rough on you, but I had no idea how rough!  That's such great news that you can hike again!!  Take it slow and easy at first!  

I recently injured my knee and am going crazy sitting inside when it's such great weather outside and it's only been a couple days for me!  

Glassing and getting outside will surely help you heal your body and mind.  

Sounds like a real crappy year.  Hope all of you recover quickly, that’s a boat load of bad luck for one family.  Better start buying lotto tickets, your upswing should be a doozy.

• Like 2

Tibia plateau break sucks.  Had the same injury 18 months ago.  It’s a long haul.  Just started short jogs about a month ago.  Are you keeping the hardware in or do you hope to eventually have it removed?

9 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Dang.

How did you get hit by a side by side?

I was in a dirt parking lot, came out from between two cars and the driver was going around 25, I landed about 20ft from impact almost under another vehicle!

4 hours ago, CouesWhitetail said:

Wow, I knew it was rough on you, but I had no idea how rough!  That's such great news that you can hike again!!  Take it slow and easy at first!  

I recently injured my knee and am going crazy sitting inside when it's such great weather outside and it's only been a couple days for me!  

Hope your recovery is way shorter than mine, still got along way to go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.Shoemaker said:

Tibia plateau break sucks.  Had the same injury 18 months ago.  It’s a long haul.  Just started short jogs about a month ago.  Are you keeping the hardware in or do you hope to eventually have it removed?

No hardware here, they opted not to do surgery.

• Wow! 1

4 hours ago, CouesWhitetail said:

Amanda, most of my free time is spent in the hills or fabricating boxes, or Portable Shooter Stations.....mostly in the hills.

• Like 1

Like they say, what doesn't kill you ...

Sorry to hear about your job, happy to hear you're on the mend!

Now get out there (and look both ways)!

I can, with a grin, report I start a new job tomorrow with a local internet company SimplyBits!

• Like 1