loco4coues

Consolation Buck

8 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

Those 150gr Nosler LRAB worked at both distances, did you notice any difference internally on either one? Another .270 fan here.

It works great at all distances. Both wound  channels caused plenty of damage. The only difference is the further shot didn’t exit. Broke both shoulders and found it in the offside hide. Weighed 82 grains. 

• Like 2

Those are dandy bucks! I love my .270. Great low recoil caliber. Haven't tried that round. May have to give it a go.

• Like 1

Awesome!  I love backpack hunts for Coues!   Thanks for the great pics and write up.  And Congratulations on making it happen!  I am glad you didn't have to come home empty handed and still have a great buck to go after next year.  And count me as another .270 fan!

• Like 1

Nice bucks way to get after it. Made the shift from 30-06 to 270 to hunt Coues decades ago, nice choice for deer. 

• Like 1

Looks like you have a great spot for not being able to scout that much!

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 7:58 PM, loco4coues said:

It works great at all distances. Both wound  channels caused plenty of damage. The only difference is the further shot didn’t exit. Broke both shoulders and found it in the offside hide. Weighed 82 grains. 

Just switched to the .264 caliber 142 grain ABLR this year.    Shot a MD in Colorado and was happy with the results.   Sounds like your bullet did a great job too.  

• Like 1