Richs3320

Trade: AR10 Hunting Rig for Bolt Rig

Looking to trade my psa ar 10 .308 18” barrel. Took a deer at 470 and 430 yards this season. Good rifle just heavy to hike a long way. Just seeing if there is any interest. Let me know what you have. Can add cash also. Scope in pictures is not correct scope. Scope on it is vortex diamondback tactical 4-12.

51A89BAE-9668-4F71-8305-4A074173A806.jpeg

19BF1FE4-3FF3-4FBE-A9ED-12006298FBE9.jpeg

It’s a weatherby vanguard varmint special chambered in 308 win. I bought this rifle new 7 years ago. And shot approx 700-800 rounds from it. That’s just a ball park as I never counted the rounds. The rifle always stayed factory stock until two years ago I decided to play with it. First I purchased the ten round mag kit for it from a gun Smith in Oregon that custom made them. Then I purchased a bell and Carlson synthetic full aluminum floated stock. I also installed a nightforce 20moa scope rail and topped it off with a Leupold Mark 4 4.5-25x50 LRC tactical milling scope. The rifle will come with all upgrades as well as the original synthetic stock and original magwell with floor plate. The scope and bipod are not included but I will include the rings in exchange for the rings on the AR-10. general shooting distances and bullets used are as follows. The Furthest dope I pushed the rifle out to was 700yds with Sierra match king 165gn giving me 5.5” three shot groups.

As for hunting. I found that the Barnes TTSX BT 168gn was superb out to 500yds but after that began to spread out on me. At 500yds I was creating 2.5-3” groups and  600yds gave me 7-8” groups and the one time I tried 700yds I was all over the paper. I weighed the rifle with the BandC stock with an empty mag and no scope and it came in at 9.6 lbs. 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, tinyturtle said:

Also comes with original butt pad and reloading dies

20181107_220003.jpg

What caliber ?