elkhutnaz

BTX, what power?

Looking at BTX for a XMAS gift for the family for hunting and wondering what power everyone is using and the pro and cons, We hunt wherever and whenever we can from southern AZ to MT and WY...just looking for some input from people that might already have one.  65/85/95???   Thanks, Andy and Vanessa

If I'm not mistaken the BTX is a 30x for the 65 and 85mm objective lenses and 35x for the 95mm. I can't vouch personally but from handling it a few times trying it out and doing a lot of reading from people who have it it seems to boil down to how far you walk vs how much you're willing to carry. Generally speaking the folks that backpack further in seem to prefer the 65 or 85 and those that glass from roads or shorter hikes really like the 95mm. Again this is all second hand but there are some very good reviews floating around out there. I look forward to getting my own when I can save up the cash. Good luck.

I'm considering buying a BTX soon and can't decide either.  I'm leaning towards the 95, but I would bet the 85 is probably fine for everything I do.  If all else fails buy both:)

• Like 2

I use the 65 with the 1.7 magnification extender.  I love it, but it is heavier than I would like.  I had planned on buying the 95 also but after packing the 65 around I think I'll stick with it and stay light!

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, broadhead said:

If I'm not mistaken the BTX is a 30x for the 65 and 85mm objective lenses and 35x for the 95mm. I can't vouch personally but from handling it a few times trying it out and doing a lot of reading from people who have it it seems to boil down to how far you walk vs how much you're willing to carry. Generally speaking the folks that backpack further in seem to prefer the 65 or 85 and those that glass from roads or shorter hikes really like the 95mm. Again this is all second hand but there are some very good reviews floating around out there. I look forward to getting my own when I can save up the cash. Good luck.

That is correct, you have either the 30x or 35x depending on the objective.  The 65mm is tough to beat for the price and size! 

Go put your hands on this product before you buy it.   I went to Outdoorsman's in Fountain Hills and looked through them about a year ago.   The BTX is absolutely awesome but it isn't for everyone.   When you put your hands on it I'm sure you will come to a conclusion that works for you.   While you are there you should look through some bino's.   Bring a stack of cash too.........You will need it!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2