Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

Boots -- Need Recommendation

Maybe you need a walking stick.  I make mine out of a sotol stalk, but you can spend money on them if you want to.  😉

Cabelas Silent Stalk Sneaker Hunting Boots. Just got done doing up and down rocky hillsides for 5 days. The soles on these boots are the grippiest I worn in a long time. good luck.

nicks boots . its like the swaro of boots . way more expensive but hand made to your foot . i am a lineman so i hike at work a lot and my nicks are by far my favorite boots. what i would do is google wild land fire boots like nicks .. whites. scarpa . those are the boots we wear also if those fire fighters wear them they must be good . 

4 hours ago, Jacob...soaz said:

nicks boots . its like the swaro of boots . way more expensive but hand made to your foot . i am a lineman so i hike at work a lot and my nicks are by far my favorite boots. what i would do is google wild land fire boots like nicks .. whites. scarpa . those are the boots we wear also if those fire fighters wear them they must be good . 

My absolute favorite warm weather boots are my Whites Smokejumpers from my widlfire days.  They need resoled, but $150 to resole a $400+ pair of boots is worth every penny. You take something like 10 measurements of both feet before you order them.  They can be a pain in the a$$ to break in, though.  Mine put me in the hospital in Yreka, CA for four days, hoping to not lose my foot, which was scary.  After they got broken in, though, UH-MAZING!!!  The only negative I have with my Whites   Nicks are a less expensive pair of Whites, but the same, custom-crafted boot.  I've also always had good luck with most Danners. The only ones I won't get (anymore) are the Pronghorns because they aren't recraftable.  I (now) always get the Danners with recraftable lasts.  At the same time, I've heard nothing but good things about Kenetrek and Crispi boots.  If I wasn't getting my Whites resoled, I'd try hard to convince my wife to let me spend the money on Crispis.  I've also heard great things about Scarpa and Lowa.  I had a pair of expensive Zamberlan hiking boots many years ago and they didn't stand up to what they should have hiking in SE Arizona for what I paid for them.  It sounds like their quality has changed in the last 15 years.

In the end, its like others have said.  You'll get 100 different opinions from 75 different people on what constitutes a good boot.  I also use Smartwool midweight hiking socks and the smartwool liner socks for all of my hiking, hunting, etc.  My bottom line is don't skimp!