Jacob...soaz

home range

How big is a Southern Arizona mule deer home range ? (excluding the rut) Is it fairly small like a coues deer? If i find some good mule deer bucks should i be able to find them in the same general area if nothing changes food .. water .. pressure.. Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, oz31p said:

It varies buck to buck and obviously with resources but I've seen mature bucks have a home range of less than a square mile and some I'd say were over 5...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

They might be there and they might not be there. only one way to find out 

Yea I have been trying to relocate these bucks for the last 2 evenings.. where I saw them it was very thick mesquite trees so I have not been able to find them. I am pretty sure I know where they get water so yesterday I glassed the surrounding area but still did not find them.. I will keep looking they are the best looking bucks I have personally seen in this particular spot and it's easy for me to get to so its easier to spend time looking for them . 

49 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Look at how few mature Muleys are killed in southern AZ compared to mature coues. They must not be very easy to find 

They are both hard to find for me lol .. I will keep at it and hopefully one day get it figured out.