lamrith

2018 AZ Coues Deer rifle hunt - Teaser alert

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

4A4D4138-B88D-4663-AC17-BC7CE5FC35CA.jpeg

Not sure if you are trolling or just not aware of the laws regarding suppressors??
It is perfectly legal to make a suppressor when you follow the correct procedure and file per NFA.  As mentioned in post #7 of this thread it is a Form 1 suppressor, hence I filed for and have an approved form 1 tax stamp.  Sorry if I have a sense of satisfaction that I made the ammunition and the suppressor I used on the hunt and that I made them to tight enough tolerances that they shoot sub MOA, not many Form 1 suppressors can do that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lamrith said:

Not sure if you are trolling or just not aware of the laws regarding suppressors??
It is perfectly legal to make a suppressor when you follow the correct procedure and file per NFA.  As mentioned in post #7 of this thread it is a Form 1 suppressor, hence I filed for and have an approved form 1 tax stamp.  Sorry if I have a sense of satisfaction that I made the ammunition and the suppressor I used on the hunt and that I made them to tight enough tolerances that they shoot sub MOA, not many Form 1 suppressors can do that. 

He's not trolling, I just had the same reaction and send you a pm! (Although sometimes he does troll!)

I didn't known you could Make your own.

Also, we demand more pics.

• Like 1

I have had a few people message about the suppressor.  I greatly appreciate the concern and looking out,but they are perfectly legal to hunt with in AZ.:

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/articles/deer-hunting-gear/suppressors-approved-for-legal-arizona-hunters

My suppressor was legally produced after following all NFA laws and gaining a Form 1 tax stamp prior to making it.  Anyone that is interested in learning about how to do this legally, just let me know.

5 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

See you went with 12s instead ofm15s?

12's?  you mean bino's?  No I went 15x56.  others in my group had 12's and I could really tell the difference.

• Like 1

Just now, lamrith said:

12's?  you mean bino's?  No I went 15x56.  others in my group had 12's and I could really tell the difference.

My mistake thought you mentioned 12s.  Congrats on your sucess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

My mistake thought you mentioned 12s.  Congrats on your sucess.

No worries!  I appreciate your help in choosing them, it paid off!!

1 hour ago, lamrith said:

No. It might be your misstatement on your suppressor but also I'm just guessing he's just wondering, as am I, why you are being overly dramatic with your hunt story. We all love seeing hunt successes but the look at me drama is a bit over the top.  I know you are trying to be creative and whatever, but some of us get around a bit. Not trying to be negative, just saying. I could fill up an entire forum on this deal with stories like yours....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

No.

Im betting that he's just wondering, as am I, why you are being overly dramatic with your hunt story. We love seeing all hunt successes but the look at me drama is a bit over the top.  I know you are trying to be creative and whatever, but some of us get around a bit. ..

I was just trying to relay the hunt as it unfolded and be creative.  I have seen other threads here and elsewhere that are in a story telling format and people seemed to like it (as I do)  Sorry if it was not enjoyable for you.

He quoted just the suppressor comment so I took it as him questioning it's use or legality and not related to how I told the story. 

• Like 3

If this story doesn’t end in a 140” coues i will be severely disappointed. Captain Ahab battled Moby Dick in fewer words....just sayin

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

If this story doesn’t end in a 140” coues i will be severely disappointed. Captain Ahab battled Moby Dick in fewer words....just sayin

It's the guys first Deer. I can appreciate that, but this made me crack up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, runningbird said:

Great story and nice read.  Big or Bust  just shut up and go away, if you don't like it don't read it.

I'm trying to enjoy it brother but reading a 10k novel about a few does and a spike is hard to get through. 

I appreciate the post but holy moly, it's like watching CNN covering Trump.

Congrats on the OP's first coues...