Sign in to follow this  
longbowpilot

Canyons or flats?

On 11/21/2018 at 7:58 AM, longbowpilot said:

I hear about a lot of guys taking a whole week off just to hunt.  Back east you could easily get your buck on opening day and be done.  I'm finding that out west it takes much more time and patience!

Some are lucky enough to have an understanding boss and give us more time off. I call it a huntcation. Time to get far away from the city and work to enjoy the solitude and beauty of Arizona and test yourself. I grew up on the outskirts of NYC and back then my solitude was spent in the marsh of the Great South Bay.

I wear glasses and enjoy glassing but don't experience any problems.

In my unit in southwest AZ, we were being told all the deer are “up high” but we found that anywhere we found ferry duster, there were deer. This year, we found more deer than any year previous and they were all in the flats where ferry duster littered the washes. Not “up high”...

48130019-65D4-45F3-810F-A1945D4467C2.png

• Like 3

Because of the large amounts of Fall rain the deserts got, there are alot of plants blooming already and or flushed out with foilage. Great eating for deer this  winter and spring......Good luck to all ...............BOB!