Tracker12

Glassing Chair

I honestly prefer a really good pad.   On my November WT hunt I had a tripod stool in my pack.   After the weekend I used it once and really didn't need to but I figured since I carried it all weekend I had to use in at least once.   That piece of gear won't be in my pack if I'm leaving the road.   

• Like 1

We've started using the Helinox Chair Zero.  It is 4 legged but the chair flexes on uneven ground.  Weighs less than a pound and is extremely well made and strong.  They're great for backpacking.

https://www.amazon.com/Helinox-Chair-Zero-Black-Size/dp/B01M07GTOE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542751479&sr=8-3&keywords=helinox+chair+zero+camp+chair

• Like 2

I have tried everyone mentioned and a bunch of others.  The Walkstool is still the best option out there fast, light, and packs down small.

My Jim White But pd will be going with me to Kaibab  in a day. I keep it in My Truck  extra.Good  on windy days...............BOB!

I got a tripod trail stool at rei. Super light and has done well for me. I put a treestand pad on it thatbi can also use to sit on the ground if i want.

We have used the cheapy tripod stools from Sportsmans on several hunts without any problems. Might try them before dropping 50-100 bucks on a premium brand.

I wore out a couple of the sportmans cheap stools, once you are used to a stool hard to not have one. I went with a walkstool in medium and have used it for 3-4 years no issues other than the rubber feet wore through. I called them and they sent new feet for free. A little pricey but has not let me down. 

On 11/20/2018 at 3:05 PM, ScottAdams said:

We've started using the Helinox Chair Zero.  It is 4 legged but the chair flexes on uneven ground.  Weighs less than a pound and is extremely well made and strong.  They're great for backpacking.

https://www.amazon.com/Helinox-Chair-Zero-Black-Size/dp/B01M07GTOE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542751479&sr=8-3&keywords=helinox+chair+zero+camp+chair

Love mine as well!

• Like 1