Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

Gunwerks G7 BR2 question

So it says it only needs about 6 (give or take) pieces of info to give you an MOA output. I’m talking MOA only here, not BDC. One of the items of info is ZERO RANGE. I’m new to all this long range stuff, but shouldn’t it also ask for the atmospheric conditions at your zero range (it does ask for those if you set it up for BDC)?Wouldn’t, say 200 yards here in Phoenix be a different POI than 200 yards at 8,900 ft elevation? But at both elevations wouldn’t the rangefinder say no MOA corrections needed @ 200 yards? 

The BR 2 will adjust for the difference in elevation and atmospheric conditions  thats why they are so expensive. You just have to enter the correct information into it and verify your drop. If you need help call the manufacture.

4 hours ago, 452b264 said:

The BR 2 will adjust for the difference in elevation and atmospheric conditions  thats why they are so expensive. You just have to enter the correct information into it and verify your drop. If you need help call the manufacture.

I get that, but how does it know what adjustment to make if you don’t enter a baseline? 

7 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

I get that, but how does it know what adjustment to make if you don’t enter a baseline? 

Contact the manufacture, they have EXCELLENT customer service, they also have videos on how to PROPERLY set up your BR 2. Remember the old saying garbage in garbage out.

4 hours ago, 452b264 said:

Contact the manufacture, they have EXCELLENT customer service, they also have videos on how to PROPERLY set up your BR 2. Remember the old saying garbage in garbage out.

I have all the info input to the rangefinder. Should be spot on info, it’s all from lance on here, he did the load work for me. Going to verify zero and drops this weekend. Just curious about the whole baseline deal. I’ve used the shooter app and it asks for baseline info. And if you use the G7 in BDC mode it asks for baseline data. Just curious. I don’t care if it works haha. 

1 hour ago, codyhuntsaz said:

I have all the info input to the rangefinder. Should be spot on info, it’s all from lance on here, he did the load work for me. Going to verify zero and drops this weekend. Just curious about the whole baseline deal. I’ve used the shooter app and it asks for baseline info. And if you use the G7 in BDC mode it asks for baseline data. Just curious. I don’t care if it works haha. 

If he helped  your golden.

when i started using my g7 br2 i felt like this is too easy i have to be missing something I have made first round hits out to 850 and 920 so i guess all is well. Just go and verify.

• Like 1

what happens if you zero your rifle on a day with 80% humidity and shoot in conditions with less than 20%?  My Isnipe app asks for this information for zero and then you can pull in current conditions 

45 minutes ago, Redman said:

what happens if you zero your rifle on a day with 80% humidity and shoot in conditions with less than 20%?  My Isnipe app asks for this information for zero and then you can pull in current conditions 

does that even make a difference out to say 1000? i just put that in shooter app and it made no difference 

I don't answer questions, just ask those that make me look smart until someone actually confirms... LOL 

• Like 2

Supposed to take into account atmospheric conditions and calculate for them. Same with shot angle up or down.

like I say put your info in and go verify it is accurate.

so far so good for mine 

1 hour ago, Tac said:

Supposed to take into account atmospheric conditions and calculate for them. Same with shot angle up or down.

like I say put your info in and go verify it is accurate.

so far so good for mine 

Do you have a 100 yard zero?

I have a 200 yard zero

I,m really thinking of going to a 100 yard zero. But I think that’s for another discussion.

• Like 1