Flatlander

Thanks!

Today I wanted to take a moment and be grateful for the CWT community. It seems weird to say something like that about a hunting forum, but it has become something much bigger than that.

This year has brought a ton of new experiences for my family. Luckily the CWT family has been there for us all along the way.

In January I was pig hunting when I got a picture message from my wife of my son’s gashed and bloody lip from a bike wreck. That started a series of events that lead to him being diagnosed with a condition called CMT 1A and resultant hip dysplasia. Since that time he has had one reconstructive surgery with another to take place in 10 days. I have shared parts of this on CWT and since I first brought it up tons of people have offered help and support.

Just last night Adam leant is his crossbow so Hunter could squeeze in one more day of hunting on a donated late archery bull tag.

We headed straight from his house to Sean’s and picked up his doe skull which Draysen cleaned for Hunter free of charge (btw he does awesome work, highly recommend him).

Earlier this month Hunter has a donated cow tag and Houston spent morning and night for weeks before patterning elk for him and then spent the entire opening day out with us.

Eddie Corona from OE4A provided not one but two elk tags and took time out of his very busy schedule to get the paperwork done for those and get them to us on short notice.

Stanley and others provided tips and suggestions for Hunters first deer hunt on the Kaibab this year.

There are so many people who have offered support, encouragement, prayers and anything else we could need. I even think AZKiller has offered some encouragement.

I know it sounds cliche but it’s true that folks around here have become like family. During a year that could have been pretty challenging, it’s been the opposite, surgery has been a footnote to all of the great things that have happened!

So thank you. It’s made all the difference. God bless all of you!

• Like 18

I want to tag in on this. I’ve gone through Valley Fever and two shoulder injuries in the last couple of years. Helping friends on hunts and this site have kept me slightly sane. Trust me, it’s the best I can hope for. Thank you all. 

Go Devils

• Like 1