lcyardball

45b - who has this sheep tag?

Help.... I’m helping a friend in 45b for sheep and having a heck of a time seeing anything. It could be I just suck but my pride isn’t willing to accept that!

We have been on the north end of the unit   . As far down as red raven wash/hoodoo well and on the NW end by the Kofa Cabin and Alamo wash.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We have seen a couple of 150 type rams but Dzongkha really wants one over 160...

One piece of advice.   The hunt is a month long and if you guys are getting frustrated it would be a good idea to head home and regroup.   This is a once in a lifetime tag.   Many guys get frustrated and shoot a ram even though it isn't what they wanted.   Reach out to as many people as you can and see if you can't find some information or helpers.    

Take your time and find the right ram.  

• Like 3

Good advice.

That ram may be north of 170. When stalking him a huge malipi rock broke free and tumbled the shooter. Broke his rifle stock in half, destroyed his Swaro rifle scope....and destroyed his his back. 

We will regroup and we will be back. 

• Like 2

Another approach to sheep... Despite what some will say, the Cliff Carp are not intelligent at all.  They are pretty easy to locate all in all and passing on rams is a part of the hunt.  I have no doubt that you can pass rams and then go back and find the ram you passed and knock him down later in the hunt.  No doubt the ram in the video is a good looking ram.  If the shooter was not wowed by him, let him live another day and if nothing else in the next 20+ days looks better, go back and shoot him.  Shooting sheep should not be about the score but more about does he have the look that the shooter is looking for.  Good luck in the next few weeks and knock down a ram the shooter is happy with wrapping his once in a lifetime tag on.  

• Like 2