Big Browns

Successful Handgun Hunts

I already posted these pics in the other sections, but I thought I would try to revive this section.  My wife got her first pig this year all while using a handgun for the first time.  I was able to fill my Wyoming Antelope tag with my 6.5 creedmoor pistol.  I never thought I would like pistol hunting, but after having some success I'm looking forward to more handgun hunts.

IMG_0561.jpg

20181006_154530.jpg

• Like 8
  • Great Buck! 1

Congrats. Brings back memories of my first Javelina I shot in 32 with a Contender and 1.5X scope, another solo hunt. It had a 14" 223 barrel and I used my handloads. Late 80's if I remember correctly.

• Like 2

Antelope is impressive with a pistol.  I told myself if I got drawn for the late cow hunt this yr I would try doing it with my S&W 500. Didn’t get drawn so maybe next yr. 

• Like 2

My new hunting goal (other than finally breaking the 100" barrier for myself), is to put a 220 hardcast through an elk with my Glock 10mm.

• Like 1

Does this count? Calling for bear and this guy shows up the end of my boot.

07B428D0-5171-4BDB-9EA9-B9C53C884816.jpeg

• Like 5

A couple years ago my then 14 year old son wanted to kill a pig with his revolver. Made me proud how much he shot before the hunt and somehow managed to shoot the smallest pig in the herd. 

683EC178-5FE5-43A1-9B19-1E5670D9D031.jpeg

• Like 7

I was lucky to take a three point (western count) mulie in Montana this fall, using my 7mm TCU Contender. It was something that I have wanted to do for over 30 years so it was a big deal for me.

• Like 1